Windows 10: Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

Discus and support Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PGordon1717, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

I bought a Lenovo Idea Pad Y510P a long time ago. Recently I went in and did a destructive recovery. It recovers it to Windows 10 even though the specs it came with shows it came with Windows 8.

The problem is Lenovo states this laptop isn't compatible with Windows 10. Which causes problems, like me not being able to connect to my wifi.

Why is this reverting in the destructive recovery to Windows 10 when it was originally Windows 8? How do I get it back to Windows 8?

Please note that under Settings: Update and Security - there is no option to revert to Windows 8. And I can find no such option even if I go in and do another destructive recovery.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

:)

PGordon1717, Sep 28, 2018

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

This laptop comes with Windows 8, not 8.1. It has no issues with activation. When the issue "Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes Do not turn off your computer" comes up it's stuck there forever and the only way out is to reformat in my situation and I used the recovery partition for that. Maybe I am missing what you are getting at?

BlackHawk1, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8?

1. Revert Lenovo Laptop Back to Windows 8? - Similar Threads - Revert Lenovo Laptop

2. Reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to windows 7: A mistake about 20 months ago upgraded windows 7 to windows 10. My laptop was not built for windows 10 and as a result makes everything run at a snails pace. Is there anyway i can revert back to windows 7 please?...
  3. Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Back to back problems with my Lenovo laptop: I was using my laptop normally when I've been suddenly hit with the BSOD with the reason being PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_DAMAGED_AREA and the cdd.dll file failed thing. I then restarted and updated my drivers, Intel and NVIDIA, and once I have done that, I proceeded to use my...
  4. Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I revert back to Windows 8 from Windows 10: I use a Lenovo tablet that really wasn't supposed to handle Windows 10, but I tried it and it worked for a while. But with each Windows 10 update there seems to be more problems. Is it possible to revert back to Windows 8?...
  5. How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to Windows 8/8.1 from Windows 10?: I really need help, apparently my windows 10 enterprise license is expiring soon. I tried many tricks and solutions I searched on the internet, but they didn't work. I tried entering the windows 10 enterprise product key to activate it again, and it said that it needed my...
  6. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  7. back to windows 8

back to windows 8: i want to remove or uninstall the window 10 and back to there i was windows 8 how? i try from sitting to recover and back the old windows i dont have windows 8 and i cant back. what must to do? please someone help?...
  8. Reverting back to Windows 7 (or 8/8.1) after 30 Days

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverting back to Windows 7 (or 8/8.1) after 30 Days: I've read conflicting accounts as to whether it's possible or not to revert back to the original OS after 30 days. When I upgraded, I wasn't aware that there was any time limit on when you could do this - Microsoft kept that quiet if that is the case. I have my main OS,...
  9. Reverted Back to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Reverted Back to Windows 7: Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of...
  10. How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?

How to revert back to Windows 8.1 on a Dell Venue 8 Pro?: So I made the mistake of upgrading my Dell Venue 8 Pro to Windows 10... It's very slow and buggy. I tried using the built in "Revert back to Windows 8.1" option in the Settings "app", but it says that files have been deleted and it can no longer perform the...