Windows 10: Revert Permissions to all folders quickly?

Discus and support Revert Permissions to all folders quickly? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 seems to have changed the permissions settings to all my files and folders - and I have lot of them (documents, photos, music etc). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Photoman, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Photoman Win User

Revert Permissions to all folders quickly?

Windows 10 seems to have changed the permissions settings to all my files and folders - and I have lot of them (documents, photos, music etc).

I must have at least 30 000 images stored as I'm a pro photographer and thousands of documents. I currently can't save or change anything as I'm told the files are read-only and I don't permission to do that. This is seriously delaying my work.

I'm not on a network and I am the administrator.

Can someone advise me if...

A) There is a universal way to do this throughout my drives (C and D) quickly or if I have to do it by folder (which could take forever).

B) The easiest way to do it.

C) Microsoft are aware of how they have seriously messed up our computers and if they are doing anything about it.

Thanks for any help with this.

:)

Photoman, Aug 19, 2015

2. Read Only Issues - Windows 10 Upgrade

I tried all of this and the permissions revert back to read only. This is a c: folder.

?????

DarrowNeves, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Creating a new folder in Win 10

I have just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. Using explorer to look at folders, when I right click, the ability to create a new folder within this existing folder does not appear. I have examined the properties of the existing folder including permissions
    and advanced permissions and seem to have allowed for all eventualities to no effect. Still no 'new' option. The folder came up as 'read only' and I changed this too but on re-entry into file explorer it had reverted back to 'read only' again.

Snowdonwalker, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Right click the C drive or D drive and change the permissions in the security tab

good luck

Harpert, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Photoman Win User
    Thanks for the reply, but that didn't work for me . I also tried changing the security settings under the main documents folder. I got an error message saying access was denied.

Photoman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Revert Permissions to all folders quickly? - Similar Threads - Revert Permissions folders

2. how to revert registry edit folder permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert registry edit folder permissions: I accidentally changed permissions for authenticated users in the Policies Folder:Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policiesand now all the windows apps are not working Settings, Security,Clipboard, etcpls help....
  3. how to revert registry edit folder permissions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to revert registry edit folder permissions: I accidentally changed permissions for authenticated users in the Policies Folder:Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policiesand now all the windows apps are not working Settings, Security,Clipboard, etcpls help....
  4. how to revert registry edit folder permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?: Just took ownership of WindowsApps folder by registry hack "Take Ownership" in right click menu and after exploring I want to revert the permission back to TrustedInstaller but I have no idea how....
  6. How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to revert the WindowsApps folder permission back to TrustedInstaller?: Just took ownership of WindowsApps folder by registry hack "Take Ownership" in right click menu and after exploring I want to revert the permission back to TrustedInstaller but I have no idea how....
  7. Folders corrupted/unreadable & permissions reverting back to read-only on folders (but not...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders corrupted/unreadable & permissions reverting back to read-only on folders (but not...: Hi, so I've got this pesky issue. I use a Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME SSD in an external enclosure on my main workstation and have it network shared to access the files on my laptop when needed. 2 days ago I had to visit a client for a business meeting and all my web projects...
  8. Revert SystemData folder permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert SystemData folder permissions: Can someone please help me revert the SystemData folder permissions to default ones? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData I took ownership of the folder and removed certain principals afterwards because I was not sure they were there by default. While removing them...
  9. Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert the access permissions to another user's folder: Hi! I granted a non-admin user access permission to another non-admin user's folder. Now I finished transferring the files I needed to transfer, and I would like to revert those permissions to their original state. How can I do that? Thanks. submitted by /u/a_n_d_r_e_...
  10. Folder on Documents & Picture permission keeps reverting back

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder on Documents & Picture permission keeps reverting back: What's wrong with this PC when using Windows 10? This is happens when I'm fresh boot like Shut Down & turn on again/restart the PC. Documents, Picture, Music, & all of them! They keep revert back to without my name & access it to Full Control! This is annoying! I can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. revert to previous permissions windows folder