Windows 10: Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

Discus and support Revert the access permissions to another user's folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I granted a non-admin user access permission to another non-admin user's folder. Now I finished transferring the files I needed to transfer, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a_n_d_r_e_, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

Hi!
    I granted a non-admin user access permission to another non-admin user's folder.

Now I finished transferring the files I needed to transfer, and I would like to revert those permissions to their original state. How can I do that?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/a_n_d_r_e_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a_n_d_r_e_, Jan 4, 2020

2. Lost access to desktop and folder, change the permissions to access.

venkateshmadamanchi, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Lost access to desktop and folder, change the permissions to access.

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

Before I proceed further, I would like to know the below information.

• Are you able to access your computer completely?

• You are the administrator of the computer/ the local user?

• Is that trying to access the file and folders through the Microsoft account?

Method1:
    If you concerned about file permissions?

• Right click on the folder which you are not able to access and select the
      Properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc.).

• Go to the Security tab
      and click Advanced.

• Check the box at the bottom of this window.

• It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Please let us know if it’s working

Method2:
    I suggest to follow the below mentioned steps and check with the login user account/ administrator account.

• Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard.

• Type Netplwixz
      and press Enter.

• Click on Add button, create a new local user account and follow the on-screen instruction to create a new local user account.

• Click on new user account, Select
      Properties, and then the Group Membership tab.

• Select the Administrator tab, then click OK twice.

Please revert back to us for further assistance with the detailed information. We would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 4, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

how an administrator can give permission to access folders

Hi John,

To provide user/s an access to folders, see the steps below on how to do so:

• Right-click on the folder > Security.
    • Under the Group or user names option, click on the username that you want to have an access to the folder; then, click on Edit.
    • It will show you the page of permissions which you can allow or deny.
    • Choose your desired permissions and click on OK.

Let us know what happens after following the steps given.

John Sarc, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Revert the access permissions to another user's folder

1. Revert the access permissions to another user's folder - Similar Threads - Revert access permissions

2. Folder permission Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permission Access: Hello, I was wondering if someone else is experience what I am getting. I have Windows 10. Also I am using Avira as my antivirus (Defender is disabled because of Avira - automatic thing). So the issue is that randomly a folder is being locked for me. I am with...
  3. Revert SystemData folder permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert SystemData folder permissions: Can someone please help me revert the SystemData folder permissions to default ones? C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData I took ownership of the folder and removed certain principals afterwards because I was not sure they were there by default. While removing them...
  4. Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to a shared folder on another PC denied for 1 user but accepted for another user.: This is really weird. I have 2 computers. Computer A has 1 shared folder. Computer B has 2 users. Both are administrators. But only 1 user can access the shared folder. The other user has to enter the network credentials. Also new users have no access. How is this possible?...
  5. File permissions for another user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...
  6. File permissions for another user

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...
  7. Restore user permissions for user folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Restore user permissions for user folder: Short story is i lost user permissions from the windows user (folder) I'm on and i need to restore them. I have windows 10 on a ssd nvme m.2 slot and another windows 10 installed on an hdd. I was on win 10 hdd and i accessed the user folder from win 10 ssd, it prompted me...
  8. ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADMIN Permission to access USERS folder: I am the Administrator of this computer but why won't windows 10 allow me to access users file folder? Getting confused. How do I get permission to open the USERS folder? By the way I'm using the NETWORK to access my other computers....
  9. Permissions to access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access folders: Hi, I have a 40Gb USB drive which I protect with Bitlocker. When I unlock the drive there are some folders (backups of every photo taken by my camera) which I am denied access to. I have logged on as Administrator (I am the Administrator) and followed all the instructions to...
  10. Revert Permissions to all folders quickly?

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert Permissions to all folders quickly?: Windows 10 seems to have changed the permissions settings to all my files and folders - and I have lot of them (documents, photos, music etc). I must have at least 30 000 images stored as I'm a pro photographer and thousands of documents. I currently can't save or change...