Windows 10: Revert to local profile in windows 10

Discus and support Revert to local profile in windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My parents are not the most technical and have been using a single local account on Windows 10 After a recent update Windows prompted one of... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Himble, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Himble Win User

Revert to local profile in windows 10

Hi,

My parents are not the most technical and have been using a single local account on Windows 10

After a recent update Windows prompted one of them to create/link a microsoft account not sure if they had one already, but I doubt it. Most of the stuff they do via browers, so probably won't have much of an impact, but don't want this to cause an issue I can't forsee.

So - what I want to do is delete the link from the previous local profile, to restore it back to just a local profile with the same settings/files/etc as it holds now. Effectively wind back so they can continue to use the computer as before. Struggling to find a way to do this. I don't want to have to create another profile for this.

If they delete their Microsoft account, will the profile revert to a local profile, or will this cause other issues? Or, is there another solution that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for your help.

:)

Himble, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Kari Win User

Migrate Locale Profile to Domain

I removed my reply because watching those instructions on TechNet I started wondering if they really work with Windows 10.

Anyway, whatever you try create first a dummy profile, customize it a bit and move it to domain. If everything works, you can then move real profiles.

3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar reverts to single width on restart.

Hi,

To address your concern with regards to the settings that are not retained in your taskbar after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update, we suggest creating a new user profile in Windows 10, and check if the experience will be the same. Follow the steps
    provided on the support article below on how create a new user profile:

We'll be here if you need more help.

Ralph Sta, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Revert to local profile in windows 10

New Local Account Not Working In Windows 10

Hi Scott,

This issue could have happened due to corrupted profile on your Windows 10. We suggest that you delete the non-working profile on your PC and try to register it again.

To delete your non-working account, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the *Start menu**. It's the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.

• Click on Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Family & other users.

• Click on the account you wish to remove.

• Click on the remove button.

• Click on the Delete account and data button.

We also suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Revert to local profile in windows 10

1. Revert to local profile in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Revert local profile

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sign-in with local profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sign-in with local profile: I sign-in to Windows with my Microsoft Account. How can I sign-in with a local profile not using Microsoft Account in the Administrator group? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-with-local-profile/6efd8547-7c7e-4822-8a58-8ae0992deedc
  6. sign-in with local profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign-in with local profile: I sign-in to Windows with my Microsoft Account. How can I sign-in with a local profile not using Microsoft Account in the Administrator group? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-with-local-profile/6efd8547-7c7e-4822-8a58-8ae0992deedc
  7. Profile “stuff(?)” being reverted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile “stuff(?)” being reverted: Recently when I log into my profile on my pc all of my taskbar pins, desktop icons, and accounts I’ve logged in to are forgotten and it’s like I just started my pc for the first time. Is there anyway I can stop this from happened? submitted by /u/FallToValhala [link]...
  8. Reverting back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reverting back to local account: I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up....
  9. Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Local Profiles not Working: I created a local account on my Windows 10 computer. When I log into it says "Welcome", then instantly says "Signing Out". Do you know the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-local-profiles-not-working/7fbd8a9d-511f-4ccf-b3a1-a7b6bf0e412f
  10. Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account: Hi I accidentally converted a child local account on the laptop to use MS one. I tried to look in "Your info" in Setting as it has been posted online, I don't see "Sign in with a local account instead" What am I missing?...