Windows 10: Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor

Discus and support Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed the mouse pointer and cursor size and color and I hate it. I want my regular mouse pointer and cursor back. Particularly, I don't want that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoanDo, Sep 19, 2020.

1. JoanDo Win User

Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor

I changed the mouse pointer and cursor size and color and I hate it. I want my regular mouse pointer and cursor back. Particularly, I don't want that stupid little hand to appear when I hover over a link. How do I revert it back to the regular mouse pointer?

:)

JoanDo, Sep 19, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 19, 2020
  3. ilianaoum Win User
    mouse pointer

Upgraded to Windows 10, from Windows7 Home. Have had no real issues except I want to change the mouse pointer. I make the changes, then apply it, the mouse pointer remains changed for a minute, then reverts to the previous mouse pointer I had when making
    the upgrade to Window 10.

Any suggestions?

ilianaoum, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Hopachi Win User

Mouse Pointers

Hi there,

Are you talking about a windows theme or a cursor theme/scheme?

Keep in mind that custom cursors need to be saved in a scheme.
    Have you saved the cursor 'scheme' before saving a theme?

A theme uses one or more wallpapers, sounds, icons, colors and a cursor scheme.
    Though I might not be entirely correct: separate cursors can be added in a theme; but creating a scheme first is always better.

I recommend you check second post here:
    Custom Cursors - Windows 10 Forums

And take a look at the tutorial:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Cheers!

Hopachi, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Revert to plain mouse pointer and cursor - Similar Threads - Revert plain mouse

2. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]: Dear Microsoft ColleaguesI am facing very frustrating problem with mouse on windows 10 Pro 64. It is moving automatically horizontally left or right randomly.I tried with USB cable mouse and it was the same. Not solved. On Device manager, I tried to uninstall mouse driver and...
  3. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]: Dear Microsoft ColleaguesI am facing very frustrating problem with mouse on windows 10 Pro 64. It is moving automatically horizontally left or right randomly.I tried with USB cable mouse and it was the same. Not solved. On Device manager, I tried to uninstall mouse driver and...
  4. mouse cursor and pointer moving automatically [wired and wireless mouse]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location

Mouse pointer jumps to the text cursor or a random location: Mouse cursor/pointer jumps abruptly from current/last position to the position where the text insertion cursor is on the screen. At times it even jumps to some random location on screen, either at bottom or left top corner. This issue has been observed almost across all...
  6. Mouse Cursor Reverts to Default on Reboot

Mouse Cursor Reverts to Default on Reboot: I have recently purchased a new hp pavilion laptop, Model Number: HP 15-cs3055wm I have customized it with a cursor scheme that I absolutely love, however, anytime I turn the device off and back on the cursor scheme reverts back to default. When I go back into the...
  7. Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Pointer and Pen Cursor: Hi How to get mouse pointer or pen cursor appear in my screenshots and video recordings on my Surface Pro 4, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-pen-cursor/722f4637-5bbf-47f5-bf45-332ae69ecdfd
  8. mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing: My laptop mouse pointer and cursor interfere while typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-and-cursor-interfere-while-typing/9130ad0e-5aba-4104-ac5e-0a273b7efce6
  9. cursor/pointer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursor/pointer: I just got my laptop today, and it was working fine but I left it to charge, then when I came to open it my pointer was gone. It's a windows 10 HP Laptop. My pointer only works when I plug in a mouse of my own. It's kind of a lot of work to be plugging the mouse in every time...
  10. Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse pointer and cursor will not sync on laptop: My mouse and cursor will not sync on my Dell laptop making the computer impossible to use efficiently! The touchpad works, but the pointer goes all over the place and does not sync with the cursor! Computer is running very slow, especially WORD!...