Windows 10: Revert to Primary Administrator

Discus and support Revert to Primary Administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, My son reinstalled my windows via complete reinstall using my product key. He is now primary administrator. Anyone know how I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianR5, May 11, 2019.

1. BrianR5 Win User

Revert to Primary Administrator

Hi All,

My son reinstalled my windows via complete reinstall using my product key. He is now primary administrator. Anyone know how I change myself back as primary administrator?

:)

BrianR5, May 11, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Revert to Primary Administrator [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Revert to Primary Administrator [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, May 11, 2019
  3. Change primary alias

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

As per description, when you click to change the primary on nothing happens.

Have you tried to perform the troubleshooting steps provided under section
    Change which alias is primary
    ?

If you have not performed the troubleshooting steps I would suggest you perform steps under
    Change which alias is primary , from my previous post. Which are as follow.

Note: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset
    parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows.

Ashish Sondhi, May 11, 2019
  4. Word Man Win User

How can I edit the Administrator File

Would you be so kind as to elaborate? Did you get an error message or what?

I just did it myself and had no problem. I added an account alias (a gmail.com address rather than a hotmail.com address) and changed it to primary and then could remove the Hotmail.com address.

Word Man, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Revert to Primary Administrator - Similar Threads - Revert Primary Administrator

2. How to revert back to my original HDD as a primary drive for my win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to revert back to my original HDD as a primary drive for my win10?: Hello! I am unsure of how to switch back to my original HDD after switching to a new NvME SSD as my primary drive. Here is some context-In 2019, a friend of mine recommended switching from HDD to NvME SSD to improve the performance of my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop....
  3. How to revert back to my original HDD as a primary drive for my win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to revert back to my original HDD as a primary drive for my win10?: Hello! I am unsure of how to switch back to my original HDD after switching to a new NvME SSD as my primary drive. Here is some context-In 2019, a friend of mine recommended switching from HDD to NvME SSD to improve the performance of my Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop....
  4. How to revert back to my original HDD as a primary drive for my win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows revert to Primary monitor on wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows revert to Primary monitor on wake up from sleep.: My PC has an ASUS H81M-plus motherboard. I was running two monitors on extended desktop through the built in Intel graphics via HDMI and display port OK until last week, when the HDMI output failed. I got myself a cheap PCIe x16 graphics card - a GeForce GT 520 (although it...
  6. How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS: Hey there,I have lost all the primary admin rights of my ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 and my computer with an ASUS motherboard. They were gone after resetting the devices. I have already tried to regain them without any success. Here is a short list of what I already tried:-...
  7. How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS: Hey there,I have lost all the primary admin rights of my ASUS Vivobook Flip 14 and my computer with an ASUS motherboard. They were gone after resetting the devices. I have already tried to regain them without any success. Here is a short list of what I already tried:-...
  8. How to regain my primary administrative rights? ASUS BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Restoring Administrator privileges on primary account associated with device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restoring Administrator privileges on primary account associated with device: Hi all, I was playing around with my computer and decided to add a local administrator on the computer and created a random password thinking I could reset it later but also accidentally deleted my account Linked to my Microsoft account from being an administrator. Is...
  10. How to revert local account to administrator acc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert local account to administrator acc.: I changed my local administrator account, to standard accc., now I lost all elevated rights. I have a working windows account, but I don't know the password of the local account to revert. Thanks, 18425