Windows 10: Revert to windows.old?

Discus and support Revert to windows.old? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my laptop had a power interruption and couldnt boot afterwards. I tried the windows 10 recovery disc but that still didnt fix it. So i downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelPhillips6, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Revert to windows.old?

my laptop had a power interruption and couldnt boot afterwards. I tried the windows 10 recovery disc but that still didnt fix it.

So i downloaded the windows 10 installation tool and tried that.

i now have a fresh, bootable but very empty Windows 10 installation (64bit).

I notice the windows.old folder still has all my old stuff (data, program files, downloads, basically everything)

is there a way of reverting to my old installation? I read some articles about how to revert to previous versions of windows but that isnt my case. Im trying to revert to a previous instance of the same version.

is it possible? It would save me hours of reinstalling all my apps and settings!

I am running windows 10 64 bit with all the latest updates.

any advice much appreciated.

:)

MichaelPhillips6, Dec 18, 2018
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Revert to windows.old? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Revert to windows.old? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Dec 18, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Revert to windows.old?

User name keeps reverting back to old one after every log in

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions to help you resolve your issue:

• What is the make and model of the device you are using?
    • Have you recently made an update on your Windows version?
    • Are you having troubles signing in to your computer or the name just reverts to the old one but still lets you sign in?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for you response.

Nick Dich, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

Revert to windows.old?

1. Revert to windows.old? - Similar Threads - Revert old

2. Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.: Hi I need some help, so I was using my computer as normal and a message popped up saying it started a update then my PC restarted I logged back in again and its reverted back to windows 10 home when I was previously on windows 11 pro, and for some reason its also completely...
  3. Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reverted to old version and wiped HDD please help.: Hi I need some help, so I was using my computer as normal and a message popped up saying it started a update then my PC restarted I logged back in again and its reverted back to windows 10 home when I was previously on windows 11 pro, and for some reason its also completely...
  4. How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want: How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-default-setting-reverts-back-to/fec3c8cc-ce5d-46bc-a925-d86474df90ce
  5. How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want

How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want: How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-default-setting-reverts-back-to/fec3c8cc-ce5d-46bc-a925-d86474df90ce
  6. How do I stop the default setting reverts back to the old one which I don't want

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. how can i revert back to old versions of windows 10 apps clock calc photos etc auto update...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can i revert back to old versions of windows 10 apps clock calc photos etc auto update...: example https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-revert-back-to-old-versions-of-windows/02b8fec4-07c9-458c-a9d4-9549ea9f9039
  8. how can i revert back to old versions of windows 10 apps clock calc photos etc auto update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i revert back to old versions of windows 10 apps clock calc photos etc auto update...: example https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-revert-back-to-old-versions-of-windows/02b8fec4-07c9-458c-a9d4-9549ea9f9039
  9. how can i revert back to old versions of windows 10 apps clock calc photos etc auto update...

10. My calendar reverted to the old format; how do I convert to the new format that I really liked?

My calendar reverted to the old format; how do I convert to the new format that I really liked?: My calendar reverted to the old format; how do I convert to the new format that I really liked? The toggle switch seems to have disappeared. I may have hit the toggle but can not find any way to go back to the new look. It use to open with outlook, now it just directly opens...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to revert to windows.old

2. windows how to revert to windows.old

3. how to revert to windows old