Windows 10: Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?

Discus and support Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently i purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home SL. Later i upgraded it to Pro. Before upgrading it to Pro, i created a Recovery Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SolarisAZ, May 27, 2020.

1. Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?

Recently i purchased a laptop with pre-installed Win 10 Home SL. Later i upgraded it to Pro. Before upgrading it to Pro, i created a Recovery Drive Pendrive. Can i use the Recovery Drive to revert back to Home ?

Since i created a Recovery Drive during Home SL, i can revert from Pro to Home SL using recovery drive. These are my thoughts

submitted by /u/SolarisAZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SolarisAZ, May 27, 2020

2. Reverting back to win 10 Pro

This is what you said in your original post:

I was on OS win 7 ultimate and installed win 10 when it was launched and then HDD of 500 GB was changed to 1 TB and win 10 enterprise OS was installed in the changed drive. Now can I revert back to OS win
    10 pro

Now, you say you have Windows 7 Home Basic.

How were you expecting to activate Windows 10 Pro with a Windows 7 Home Basic key?

Please note: The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core
      will install Windows 10 Home ISO
    • Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro
      will install Windows 10 Pro ISO

Andre Da Costa, May 27, 2020
  3. Reverting back to win 10 Pro

I was on OS win 7 ultimate and installed win 10 when it was launched and then HDD of 500 GB was changed to 1 TB and win 10 enterprise OS was installed in the changed drive. Now can I revert back to OS win 10
    pro

Natarajan Venkataraman, May 27, 2020
  4. mellaby Win User

Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?

Win Pro reverted to Win home

I've been happy do clean installs of Win 10 till yesterday. When the latest update came out Win 10 1511, I decided to do it with a clean install (using the media creation tool) on my Win 10 Pro laptop. The clean install when in without a hitch but when
    I checked it's Activation it said it was Win 10 Home. I can't find a way to get it to revert back to Pro. I've done about 5 clean installs using this method and it's never done this before. Any suggestions?

mellaby, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ?

1. Revert Win 10 Pro to Home using Recovery Drive ? - Similar Threads - Revert Pro Home

2. revert to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert to windows 10 home from pro: hi, i recently upgraded to windows 10 pro however i need to revert to windows 10 home, does anyone know how to? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/77d2ee67-9904-41fc-a0ba-938775ec3de5
  3. revert to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    revert to windows 10 home from pro: hi, i recently upgraded to windows 10 pro however i need to revert to windows 10 home, does anyone know how to? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/77d2ee67-9904-41fc-a0ba-938775ec3de5
  4. revert to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  6. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I have replaced my old laptop with a new one.My old PC had Win 10 Pro free update from Win 7 Pro.The new one has Win 10 Home. I was advised that all I needed to do was to change the product key using the one I had for Win 7 and it would update to the Pro version. This did...
  7. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Reverting from pro to home

Reverting from pro to home: So.. I currently have windows 10 pro installed, but it isn't activated after I changed my motherboard. (no longer have that product key so I can't reactivate) I want to switch to windows 10 home edition to save money. Will I need to uninstall/reinstall windows 10 home...
  9. Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro: I upgraded my Win 8.1 into a Win 10 Home but it is not working properly. Does anyone can help me out how to find a free (and sound!) Win Pro for a clean install? 20601
  10. using IDE drive as Win 10 recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    using IDE drive as Win 10 recovery drive?: Hi, Here is my situation: 1) the HD in my laptop was dying, so I ordered a replacement, and tried to create a recovery drive so that I could reinstall Win 10 when the replacement arrived 2) Windows asked me to use a drive of 16 gigs or larger for my recovery drive...