Windows 10: Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS

Discus and support Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi there I've reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 -- the trouble with OUTLOOK 2016 it tries to automatically configure email accounts --if you have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, Nov 17, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS

Hi there

I've reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 -- the trouble with OUTLOOK 2016 it tries to automatically configure email accounts --if you have special ones it can't configure automatically you are hosed up as you can't uncheck the test account either. So when the account fails you can't manually configure it. I have 2 absolutely 100% essential accounts going through my domain that won't configure with outlook 2016 -- worked ist time with Outlook 2010.

Outlook 2010 allows you to manually configure, set advanced options and you don't have to test the account to save / create it so if there is an error you can just go into the config options again and try and fix it.

Please software developers --while "auto config" is great for loads of users when stuff fails or needs special handling PLEASE allow some manual processes even if they are hidden away.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 17, 2017

2. Win10 Upgrade Emails Fail - 0x800CCC13 'Cannot connect to the Network. Verify your network connection or modem.'

I also have this problem with Outlook 2010

Reverted back to W 8.1 but cant stop 10 downloading

PeterBatterbee, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Problem with registry setting default e-mail client

OK - so now I am 100% fixed.

The problem was in removing Outlook 2016, without destroying my Outlook 2010 system. The answer was in forcing the Outlook 2016 to uninstall, with the online utility (Windows 10 actions all failed). Outlook 2010 then failed to load. By going into the office
    suite and removing, restarting and then adding a component, Outlook remained activated and started to work again. The outlook.com Exchange account still failed to load and had to be added within Outlook 2010, by using an Outlook.com recognised email address
    and not an alias.

I'm back to 100% operation again and happy, so thanks for your guidance Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS :)

Computingbitstogo, Nov 17, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

l upgraded to Office 365 from Office 2003. Didn't have any problems with the new Outlook, other than getting used to the new screens.

fireberd, Nov 17, 2017
  5. I recently installed Office 2016 and I manually set up my email account. No problems at all.
    It did not try to automatically configure email accounts. I did that manually, same as with the Outlook 2007 that it replaced.

Can you please provide more information about how Outlook 2016 fubarred you ... so that I can be aware of the circumstances if they should arise in a future install?

Thanks.

margrave55, Nov 17, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there.
    @margrave55.

OUTLOOK 2016 failed because it couldn't recognize my Icelandic domain Mail servers (ending in .is) with Icelandic character set and didn't accept the encryption authorisation or the TLS certificate on the domain for Outgoing Server (SMTP).

I've got OUTLOOK 2010 set up on a VM - but I NEED the email address to be working by Monday as I'm beginning to start an online business (creating custom VINYL records from customers music etc) and obviously customer email and shopping carts with payment notifications have to work !!!!

I'm sure I'll get OUTLOOK 2016 fixed eventually - but there are times where you need to get things working quickly --especially if (hoping) it will earn you money !!!!!.

I think also installing this from an English (GB) version of Windows probably wasn't a good idea --I'm going to add the .is (Iceland) Language packs and have another go - but I did need to get sensible email working before messing around with this.

I like the rest of the Office 2016 package a lot - especially EXCEL so I've got all that running on another VM.

Good thing about the digital licence is I can create (provided on the same HOST) as many VM's as I please - although obviously under the EULA I can't run more than one of these concurrently.

Note this was a NEW Windows installation --I believe if you just upgrade OFFICE from the older version the email will work so I'll also try that route too. !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

]

jimbo45, Nov 17, 2017
  7. I hear you. The urgency to get it working is keen here, too. If it doesn't work right away ... revert!

That's why I first installed Office 2016 on a VM. That was just last week. Everything seems okay, so I'm ready to install Office on the "real" computer ... when I get a free moment or two.

Yes ... core resources (like email, among others) just HAVE TO WORK. I take no chances.

BTW ... my sympathies for your reversion to Office 2010. I used that at work a few years back (after having used 2007 for a long while). The "snowstorm" effect of 2010 was jarring, and there was no way to get rid of the white-out trauma. *Sad If I were you I'd have reverted to 2007.

margrave55, Nov 17, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

I mentioned I upgraded from Office 2003 to 365, but I didn't actually do an "upgrade". I had removed Office 2003 shortly after upgrading to Win 10 and was using Libre Office and Windows Live Mail.

fireberd, Nov 17, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    I know this thread is a week old but this one has be confused....

Perhaps I'm missing something because Outlook 2016 does in fact allow for manual configuration... File, Add Account, type email address, click Advanced options, and tick the box "Let me setup my account manually". Click Connect.

Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS [​IMG]

After the "We're getting things ready" notification....

After you'll be given the option to choose an account....

Here I chose IMAP and manually input the server settings. You can also change the port settings...

Enter your Password...

Connect. You'll get another Getting things ready box, and if all is good the account is added. If not, you'll get a Something went wrong error and will need to check your account settings again.

Here mine failed because it is a fictitious email account. Regardless, you can manually configure accounts. You just need to make sure you have the right info to do so. Many ISP providers provide the info needed to manually configure email accounts.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reverted back to OUTLOOK 2010 --2016 a DEAD LOSS - Similar Threads - Reverted OUTLOOK 2010

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Opening Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening Outlook 2010: when I open outlook 2010 in windows 10 the install starts (already installed) it asks for a disk with mscomctfix on it, can't find it, so I cancel the process and it closes then open outlook anyway. Usually starts after a windows update. Tried to repair office 10 with the...
  4. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  5. My Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Outlook 2010: Can't log into my AT&T email account. Error code states the log on info is incorrect. It has happened before and the only way to fix it is to complete out and reload software. When re-installed it opens my receive file and dumps 3000+ emails that have been previously been...
  6. Backing up Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Backing up Outlook 2016: I need to do an uninstall of Office 365 (and then reinstall), due to some problems with Office caused by the Win 10 Creators Upgrade. However, I don't want to lose my contacts or e-mail folders. I know with old Outlook's (e.g. 2003) there was a pst file that had everything in...
  7. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...
  8. Office 2010 or 2016

Office 2010 or 2016: I have both licences 2016 is from my boss and 2010 is mine. I am planning use the mine to do not depend from my boss licence. ¿What diferences are between? ¿Really 2016 are better? ¿What sustancial diferences between Word, Excel, Power Point, One note and Publisher? i do not...
  9. OUTLOOK 2013 with IMAP - what a POS - Back to 2010

OUTLOOK 2013 with IMAP - what a POS - Back to 2010: Hi there Finally got rid of Office 2013 but especially Outlook 2013 off W10 -- back to Outlook 2010 (and Office 2010). If you use IMAP Outlook 2013 is HOPELESS if you use different SMTP SENDING servers - it's totally NOT USER FRIENDLY to Local folders at all -- moving...
  10. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659