Windows 10: Reverted back to s mode

Discus and support Reverted back to s mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I switched from windows 10 s mode to windows 10 home. Installed new software Libre Office and it worked ok. Now since trying to update AMD graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZoeEU, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ZoeEU Win User

Reverted back to s mode

I switched from windows 10 s mode to windows 10 home. Installed new software Libre Office and it worked ok. Now since trying to update AMD graphics software the windows version has reverted to s mode and I can't use my other software or install from AMD.

I have tried to switch from s mode again and it is not allowing me. Message is "Try again later, something happened at our end".

Please help, otherwise brand new laptop is useless for my needs.

:)

ZoeEU, Sep 27, 2020
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Reverted back to s mode [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Reverted back to s mode [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Sep 27, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Reverted back to s mode

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Reverted back to s mode

1. Reverted back to s mode - Similar Threads - Reverted mode

2. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.: I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time....
  3. Revert from Safe Mode Without monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Revert from Safe Mode Without monitor: So I got this laptop from a friend that has no default monitor. I use an external one and I was trying to solve an issue with Riot Vanguard (an anti-cheat software) and tried to run it in Safe Mode. After booting it into safe mode I realized that it ignores the VGA cable...
  4. Reverted back to S-Mode

Reverted back to S-Mode: Bought a new computer since my old one is dying now I am limited on the use of my new one. I was able to get out of S-Mode to download required applications, then it did an automatic BIOS Upgrade and reverted back to S-Mode, now unable to be released from S-Mode! The MS Store...
  5. Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will identify the cause and then provide the resolution to the issue of a second screen or projector mode that does […] This article Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection first appeared on...
  6. When I set a different priority of a game, Task Manager always reverts to normal mode after...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I set a different priority of a game, Task Manager always reverts to normal mode after...: I have my drivers updated and this issue happens only with DOOM Eternal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-set-a-different-priority-of-a-game-task/6d6084b4-f0b8-457e-8f16-d3bfa9576f60
  7. How do I prevent appmode from constantly reverting to dark mode in win10 x64

How do I prevent appmode from constantly reverting to dark mode in win10 x64: It constantly changes back to dark mode no matter what I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-prevent-appmode-from-constantly-reverting/d7d743f7-fb9f-4ca9-9375-f10cbcbc3aac
  8. Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings

Windows 10 Essentials keeps reverting to tablet mode after changing to desktop mode in settings: The desktop reverts to automatic mode after turning the PC off. I have gone into tablet mode settings many times and changed it to desktop mode but it keeps resetting itself. This happened after a windows 10 update. It worked fine previous. Ran Dism and SFC and all is fine...
  9. How to revert to W7 when can only get into W10 safe mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to revert to W7 when can only get into W10 safe mode?: Long story short, W10 doesn't support my built in Intel video chip and there is no driver and W10 wont let me load Windows Basic Video driver so I need to go back to W7. I can only get into Safe Mode so I don't see how to do the reversal. Windows.old exists. How do I get the...
  10. Revert developer mode options that were applied, now grayed out.

in Windows 10 Support
    Revert developer mode options that were applied, now grayed out.: Accidentally pressed applied for certain settings in the "For Developers" section. Options are now grayed out and un-selectable. How do I revert my mistake? 59736