Windows 10: Reverted back to s mode

Discus and support Reverted back to s mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I switched from windows 10 s mode to windows 10 home. Installed new software Libre Office and it worked ok. Now since trying to update AMD graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZoeEU, Sep 27, 2020.

1. ZoeEU Win User

Reverted back to s mode

I switched from windows 10 s mode to windows 10 home. Installed new software Libre Office and it worked ok. Now since trying to update AMD graphics software the windows version has reverted to s mode and I can't use my other software or install from AMD.

I have tried to switch from s mode again and it is not allowing me. Message is "Try again later, something happened at our end".

Please help, otherwise brand new laptop is useless for my needs.

:)

ZoeEU, Sep 27, 2020
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Reverted back to s mode [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Reverted back to s mode [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Sep 27, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Reverted back to s mode

Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Reverted back to s mode

1. Reverted back to s mode - Similar Threads - Reverted mode

2. Windows "Power Mode" keeps reverting to Balanced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows "Power Mode" keeps reverting to Balanced: Not Power Plan in Control Panel, but Power Mode in Settings. This settings is independent of the Control Panel power plan.This setting keeps reverting to Balanced. It seems to change to balanced when I unplug the PC, but it fails to switch back to Best Performance if I plug...
  3. Windows "Power Mode" keeps reverting to Balanced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows "Power Mode" keeps reverting to Balanced: Not Power Plan in Control Panel, but Power Mode in Settings. This settings is independent of the Control Panel power plan.This setting keeps reverting to Balanced. It seems to change to balanced when I unplug the PC, but it fails to switch back to Best Performance if I plug...
  4. Bluetooth earbuds keep reverting back to Handsfree mode despite repeatedly switching to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth earbuds keep reverting back to Handsfree mode despite repeatedly switching to...: Ever since the Windows 11 Canary 25982 update, my earbuds keep reverting to Handsfree mode every time I reconnect them to my laptop! I have to switch them back to Headphones mode through Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Playback menu. Sometimes they don't even...
  5. Bluetooth earbuds keep reverting back to Handsfree mode despite repeatedly switching to...

Bluetooth earbuds keep reverting back to Handsfree mode despite repeatedly switching to...: Ever since the Windows 11 Canary 25982 update, my earbuds keep reverting to Handsfree mode every time I reconnect them to my laptop! I have to switch them back to Headphones mode through Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Playback menu. Sometimes they don't even...
  6. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?: I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode....
  7. Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?

Is it normal for it to revert to "Safe Mode" when I switch to Admin user ?: I am trying to transition from 7 to 10. I got some error messages, and the Micro transition tool did not work so I purchased a 10 package and utilized the chat help, but when it got to the point he needed Admin access, I tried to switch users to Admin but then got Safe Mode....
  8. Why does the Personalization Slideshow keep automatically reverting back to Picture Mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Personalization Slideshow keep automatically reverting back to Picture Mode?: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 but had this issue with Windows 10. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460s. Between Thanksgiving and New Years Day, I like to run a Wallpaper slideshow of Christmas theme Webshots pictures but it keeps reverting back to Picture mode and pics from...
  9. Why does the Personalization Slideshow keep automatically reverting back to Picture Mode?

Why does the Personalization Slideshow keep automatically reverting back to Picture Mode?: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 but had this issue with Windows 10. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460s. Between Thanksgiving and New Years Day, I like to run a Wallpaper slideshow of Christmas theme Webshots pictures but it keeps reverting back to Picture mode and pics from...
  10. Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset

Windows 11 reverted back to s mode after reset: Hello, my computer has somehow reverted back to s mode after a reset. I'm using windows 11. I've tried using some of the command suggestions, windows keeps blocking them saying that needs to be installed. Windows store is not installed either. Software version states s mode....