Windows 10: Reverted Back to Windows 7

Discus and support Reverted Back to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by blackbirdabhi, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Reverted Back to Windows 7

Sadly I have reverted back to Windows 7 for the time being due to a number of issues i have faced with Windows 10. It is an amazing OS yes, but it is not stable yet in terms of performance. I shall upgrade back after Threshold 2 releases i.e in November or December. Some of the issues i faced were:
    1. Excruciatingly slow boot up time.
    2. Problems with the display after switching to Sleep Mode.
    3. Automatic installation of Microsoft Store apps even with automatic updates(not Windows Update) off. This has been eating up my HDD space.
    There were other issues but there is no need to state them...hope Microsoft fixes most of them in Threshold 2. Anyways after it comes i will definitely update as there won't be any more big updates until Redstone.
    Any others who are facing such issues?

Edit: Also, I kept getting BSOD's when I opened some resource intensive apps. RAM and processor are not an issue as you can see in my specifications.

:)

blackbirdabhi, Oct 13, 2015

2. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7 ??

Discovered that somehow my boot disk priority got set to an old drive. Once I reset the bios it now runs just fine.

MarkWestcott, Oct 13, 2015
  3. Windows 10 reverted back to Windows 7 ??

I had a weird thing happen this morning. My system was locked up and would not wake up. So I had to do a hard restart. But when it booted up it wanted to restart in Windows 7. I tried to let the system repair itself but the winload.exe file seems to be corrupted.
    Has anyone else had this happen to them??

Looks like I may have to reload my system drive. Fortunately all/most of my apps and data are on a separate drive. But since I used the upgrade function to switch to Windows 10 how do I get back to Windows 10 after I rebuild my drive with WIndows 7 ??

MarkWestcott, Oct 13, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Reverted Back to Windows 7

You should have posted in the BSOD section to have them analysed. You cannot rule out bad RAM just because you have 8GB DDR3 without running any diagnostics on it, that leap of faith is way too large.

Boozad, Oct 13, 2015
  5. Molyy Win User
    I had this "long boot time" issue in the first few days after upgraded to Win 10 on two computers. But it just speed up itself few days later. Maybe you should wait for a little longer or to do a clean install?

Molyy, Oct 13, 2015
  6. swarfega Win User
    You should consider a clean install. Upgrades do seem to be the major cause of problems, especially going from Windows 7. Now that you have performed the upgrade you can safely do the clean install and keep using your key.

swarfega, Oct 13, 2015
  7. @Molyy Sadly I have already reverted. Nothing against Windows 10 but I prefer waiting till Threshold 2. MS will be focusing on optimization rather than features in this update, most importantly issues like those which i mentioned. After that anyways I will be upgrading and will stay with Win10 for the foreseeable future.

8. Reverted Back to Windows 7

Which is exactly why I reverted. I could do a clean install but I do have some licensed applications for which I might lose activation for if I do it, unless there is a way to back up applications in Win10?

9. swarfega Win User
    You shouldn't lose software licenses because you upgrade your OS, they should carry over. This is my experience from all the software I've bought.

swarfega, Oct 13, 2015
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Agree... sounds like a lot of back-trash trailing along. Bite the bullet and start REAL clean!

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Reverted Back to Windows 7

1. Reverted Back to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Reverted

2. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  3. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  4. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  6. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  7. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  8. Settings revert after Windows update

Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  9. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  10. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...