Windows 10: reverting back after installing

Discus and support reverting back after installing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If i install the latest iso release of 10; is there still a way to revert back to my version of 7 until the final release of 10 comes out next month?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Matt Siegel, Jun 3, 2015.

1. reverting back after installing

If i install the latest iso release of 10; is there still a way to revert back to my version of 7 until the final release of 10 comes out next month?

:)

Matt Siegel, Jun 3, 2015

2. After installing Windows 10 and reverting back to Windows 7 is there a way to return to Windows 10 without having to endure the 2.7GB download again?

Nope.Unfortunately not.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 3, 2015
  3. After installing Windows 10 and reverting back to Windows 7 is there a way to return to Windows 10 without having to endure the 2.7GB download again?

Original title: Windows 10

After installing Windows 10 and reverting back to Windows 7 is there a way to return to Windows 10 without having to endure the 2.7GB download again?

NickVerlenich, Jun 3, 2015
  4. Banzi Win User

reverting back after installing

If you have used windows update to upgrade to the 10 tech preview from windows 7 then you should be able to uninstall Windows 10 & revert back to Windows 7. If you did a clean install of windows 10 over your windows 7 then you would need to fresh install windows 7.

I would do a image of windows 7 with macrium reflect free before I upgraded or installed windows 10. It would then just be a case of restoring your windows 7 image.

Banzi, Jun 3, 2015
  5. I did do just that. I downloaded and installed macrium and did a full and complete image of my c: drive as well as the other 2 partitions that i have. so with that in mind it sounds like i should be ok.

Matt Siegel, Jun 4, 2015
  6. Banzi Win User
    Yeah mate you will be good to go. If you don't like 10 then just boot from your macrium rescue CD\DVD\USB media that you created & restore your windows 7 backup.

Banzi, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

reverting back after installing

1. reverting back after installing - Similar Threads - reverting installing

2. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  3. Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 automatically upgrading and installs, After reverting from Win 11 to Win 10: I upgraded to Windows 11 last week, after I am getting multiple error and facing issue so I could revert to Windows 10 within hour. It didn't it took me about 1-2 hours to determine that I preferred Windows 10. Upon reverting to from 11 to 10, I am now greeted with a popup...
  4. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...: After reverting back to windows 7, I still gave a try and installed Windows 10 again. This time, it again downgraded to windows 7 but it was in a span of 7 days....
  5. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...: After reverting back to windows 7, I still gave a try and installed Windows 10 again. This time, it again downgraded to windows 7 but it was in a span of 7 days....
  6. Recently installed Windows 10. Ran it for nearly 4 months, then, it reverted back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  8. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?: Hi,I want to reset Windows 10 on my machine, without installing the manufacturer pre-installed drivers. Is it possible? I know that a regular Windows reset will re-install the manufacturer pre-installed drivers.It seems that I can do a clean installation, but it requires to...
  9. how to revert my machine to a Windows 10 state prior to the manufacturer installation?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version

Minecraft Installer Reverted Windows 10 Version: Hello!So I recently migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, and I wanted to play Minecraft, so I downloaded the installer and tried to install Minecraft. However, it told me my Windows 10 wasn't up-to-date and that it would update for me. So, I let it open the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 intallation reverting back after obe stage

2. installation reverting back