Windows 10: Reverting back to factory operating system

Discus and support Reverting back to factory operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a laptop and tower from a guy that apparently took the factory windows 7 system and changed it by putting windows 10 on it somehow. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmandaRose85, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Reverting back to factory operating system

I bought a laptop and tower from a guy that apparently took the factory windows 7 system and changed it by putting windows 10 on it somehow. Is it possible to convert it back to the factory windows 7 system? It runs so slow and crashes repeadly!!! Aggrivated!!!

:)

AmandaRose85, Nov 21, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Factory Reset Windows 10

Hi Johnathan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which Operating System was pre-installed on your computer?

I would like to inform that you can factory reset Windows 10, but, if you factory reset the current Operating System will get reverted to the previous Operating System which was installed when you bought your computer as new.

This is the reason why your computer has reverted and is forcing you to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Hope this information helps. Do get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Reverting back to factory operating system

,,An operating system wasn't found." after factory reset

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the help article below and check if it helps.

“An operating system wasn’t found” error when booting Windows

Do let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Reverting back to factory operating system

1. Reverting back to factory operating system - Similar Threads - Reverting factory operating

2. Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Factory reset system without reverting back to windows 7: I upgraded my PC from windows 7 to Windows 10 and i want to factory reset my system ,I want to know a way through which my windows 10 don't revert back to windows 7 and my data except the system files is deleted .Here are some option which i've selected and i'm not sure if...
  3. Operation System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operation System: " You are running 32-bit Windows, But this installer installs 64-Bit which can only be installed on 64-bit Windows. Please download the 32-bit version on website " This is the error message i get on almost every program i try to install to my device. but my system shows i...
  4. I want to go back to the previous operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to go back to the previous operating system: I want to go back to the previous operating system that I was using before 20th Feb 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-go-back-to-the-previous-operating-system/15fb9100-b3b3-447b-bfab-3de3098ede7d
  5. Back to Factory

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Back to Factory: For reasons I wont go into I need to return my desk top HP to factory settings. The original OS was Windows 7. I upgraded to 10 when it was offered so how I do I get Window 10 back with being charged. I dont have a physical copy of a license. Thank you,, Richard...
  6. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  7. transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transferring factory operating system from harddrive to ssd: I'm trying to transfer my operating system from my hard drive to my disk drive but mi having issues. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-factory-operating-system-from/cb554faf-e7ed-4d63-9505-249104f37a8b
  8. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  9. Reverting back to 8.1...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back to 8.1...: I "upgraded" to Win 10 using Windows Update. However, given the problems I'm experiencing - Skype won't even connect - I think I'm going to revert to 8.1. My question is...what happens then? Can I use WU to update to 10 again? And if that failed to work out again, can I...
  10. System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System on Control Panel reverts back to Desktop: After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, through the Microsoft free upgrade, my first attempt ended in Windows 7 being automatically "reinstalled" and useable. After research, I discovered that one's antivirus program should be disabled as well as all USB-connected...