Windows 10: Reverting back to local account

Discus and support Reverting back to local account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dan Van Ackeren, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Reverting back to local account

I inadvertently bought in to the request to sign in with a Microsoft account instead of my local account. When trying to use my local account at the log in I don't get the option to log in as another user and my old local account is all messed up.

:)

Dan Van Ackeren, Oct 23, 2019

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Reverting back to local account

Windows 10 - Want to revert back to local account logon from Microsoft account but can't

Hello Jill,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

Toe be able to assist you better, let us know the app are you referring to in this case.

Now, I suggest you to open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check if the Local user account exists or not. Please follow below.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

If not, I suspect that the Local user account you were using has been connected to the Microsoft Account you own.

To convert the account back to Local User account, I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click Start and then PC settings.

• Click Users and accounts and under your Profile select “Sign in with a local account instead ” option.

• Enter the required details.

• Type in a Username, Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
      Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

• It will then prepare your local account and your Microsoft account will be disconnected.

Let us know the results.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Reverting back to local account

1. Reverting back to local account - Similar Threads - Reverting local account

2. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  3. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10: Hello folks, I'm in a bind here, hope some can help me.I decided to create a Microsoft account for my 9 year old to use in our Xbox. In all it's wisdom, Windows 10 decided to associate this limited child account to my local administrator account. Now my administrator account...
  4. Revert a child account to a local account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to revert a Microsoft-associated account back to a local acct?: I upgraded from Windows 7 at long last a few days ago, but I’m having problems... In setting up all of my personal settings etc., I connected my local account (ported from windows 7) to what I thought was my only Microsoft account. Turns out I have two, and I accidentally...
  6. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  7. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  8. Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1803 Revert back to local account: Hi I accidentally converted a child local account on the laptop to use MS one. I tried to look in "Your info" in Setting as it has been posted online, I don't see "Sign in with a local account instead" What am I missing?...
  9. How to revert local account to administrator acc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert local account to administrator acc.: I changed my local administrator account, to standard accc., now I lost all elevated rights. I have a working windows account, but I don't know the password of the local account to revert. Thanks, 18425
  10. How to revert account back to local

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to revert account back to local: I've downloaed an app from the store and this made my local account to be authenticated against my Microsoft-account. How can I revert back the account to be a local account? Thanks in advance Olli 11266