Windows 10: Reverting from "Best for Win 11" to best for Win 10 (BIOS/UEFI)

Discus and support Reverting from "Best for Win 11" to best for Win 10 (BIOS/UEFI) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I went through the whole drill of converting MBR to GPT, changing boot to UEFI with Secure Boot and TPM (1.2 in my case and nearly everybody else's)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wisewiz, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Reverting from "Best for Win 11" to best for Win 10 (BIOS/UEFI)

I went through the whole drill of converting MBR to GPT, changing boot to UEFI with Secure Boot and TPM (1.2 in my case and nearly everybody else's) enabled, and tested for Windows 11 compatibility with a pass except for TPM version and CPU generation (biggies, at least at this point in time). Now that I'm resolved that I probably won't be running 11 on this PC, I'm concerned with returning it to its former splendid performance with Windows 10. The main things I noticed with the new adaptations were the "Last BIOS time" jumping from 4.0 to 6.7 seconds, and the boot-process now showing the OEM brand logo for several seconds, with no Windows logo alone screen, instead of the Windows logo alone screen, with no OEM logo displayed. Going back to the old BIOS settings has brought the Last BIOS time down to 5.0 seconds, and the OEM logo is still there (I know about it showing in UEFI but not in Legacy), but I suspect there's something I'm missing that accounts for that extra second. I disabled Secure Boot and set Boot to AUTO instead of UEFI only. I have Quick Boot enabled (not Windows Fast Startup). I'm not sure I am offered the old Legacy Only or the other option I had before. (History: PC began life on Windows 7Pro with Legacy BIOS. Clean install of Windows 10 Pro did nothing to the BIOS settings, so far as I know.) Is there something I must have changed, but can't remember changing, that I ought to re-adjust in the BIOS? Should I try having the BIOS reset to defaults? Is there something you need to know in order to make a suggestion? Pro 21H1 Lenovo M83

:)

Wisewiz, Jun 28, 2021

2. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jun 28, 2021
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jun 28, 2021
  4. Chet Walk Win User

Freezing Issue after Win 10 Anniversary update wqith UEFI bios

Boot problem after restart with Win 10 Anniversary edition only. The problem seems to be related to my UEFI bios

Chet Walk, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Reverting from "Best for Win 11" to best for Win 10 (BIOS/UEFI) - Similar Threads - Reverting Best best

2. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  3. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  4. Reverting back to Win 10 from Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reverting back to Win 10 from Win 11: So 2-3 days ago, i have installed windows 11 because windows 10 didnt want to update anything else, exept to windows 11. So i have updated. Now i want to revert to win10 because win10 ist more stable for me at the moment, and it i press on rollback, and i click my way through...
  5. Reverting back to Win 10 from Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reverting back to Win 10 from Win 11: So 2-3 days ago, i have installed windows 11 because windows 10 didnt want to update anything else, exept to windows 11. So i have updated. Now i want to revert to win10 because win10 ist more stable for me at the moment, and it i press on rollback, and i click my way through...
  6. Best price for Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best price for Win 10 Pro?: So it's finally time I upgrade my Win7 machine and want to get Windows 10 Pro 64. Where can I find Pro for the lowest price? Are either one of these legit for a full copy: $40: Buy and Download Windows 10 Pro at a Cheap Price - US $60: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional...
  7. best win 10 graphics equalizer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    best win 10 graphics equalizer?: would like to get one. dell computer has realtek sound but I cannot find much onboard about it, just the minimal info one would see by clicking on speakers and searching around. does not seem to be any GE. and there is no program showing all the realtek stuff. any excellent...
  8. Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Best Sandbox for Win 10 Home: Can anyone recommend a good Sandbox freeware for Windows 10 Home. I've tried to install the MS one (from tutorial here) but it just resulted in error messages and left a useless partition behind. Thanks 148744
  9. Best Reddit app for Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Reddit app for Win 10?: Finally have a new laptop (!) and was wondering what you guys were using to access Reddit. I really hate the website and have grown to like Narwhal on my iPad. Any suggestions please? submitted by /u/HomeyJay [link] [comments]...
  10. Win 10 Best Min Specs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Best Min Specs?: Hi! As a tech newbie, it looks as though I'm gonna be forced to upgrade my ancient Sony Vaio laptop AGAIN from Win 7 Pro to latest OS 10 just to access most often used apps like Office 2019, et. seq. Per MS, all specs below exceed min Sys Requirements for Win 10. But I'm a...