Windows 10: Reverting from pro to home

Discus and support Reverting from pro to home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So.. I currently have windows 10 pro installed, but it isn't activated after I changed my motherboard. (no longer have that product key so I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MajesticBryce, May 14, 2019.

1. Reverting from pro to home

So..

I currently have windows 10 pro installed, but it isn't activated after I changed my motherboard. (no longer have that product key so I can't reactivate)

I want to switch to windows 10 home edition to save money.

Will I need to uninstall/reinstall windows 10 home edition before buying a product key for home? Or will it automatically just revert if I just put a windows 10 home key to activate my current version? What do I do?

:)

MajesticBryce, May 14, 2019
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Reverting from pro to home [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Reverting from pro to home [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, May 14, 2019
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Reverting back to IE8

I manually installed the new IE9 Beta to try it out, but there are some issues with it and I'm looking to revert back to IE8. I tried going to my installed updates and I didn't see it there, it isn't under my installed programs list either.

Short of doing a system restore, what else can I do?

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Kantastic, May 14, 2019
  4. Reverting from pro to home

MSI 9800XT reverting back to PRO

when using ATI Flash to try and revert back to the Pro BIOS, try adding in the -newbios command.

Thermopylae_480, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Reverting from pro to home

1. Reverting from pro to home - Similar Threads - Reverting pro home

2. reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was an installation key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I...
  3. reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reverting from Win11 Pro to Home edition.: I recently bought a window 11 pro code to upgrade my edition of windows, but I didn't know it was an installation key that you have to use when doing a clean install of windows. It wasn't a direct upgrade code. So I need to revert back to my windows 11 home license, but I...
  4. How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?: So this just happened one day after I updated my PC: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10/4de5cc00-5e56-42a6-a7a4-cb7b17b0e7fd
  5. How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to revert from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home?: So this just happened one day after I updated my PC: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-revert-from-windows-10-pro-to-windows-10/4de5cc00-5e56-42a6-a7a4-cb7b17b0e7fd
  6. revert to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert to windows 10 home from pro: hi, i recently upgraded to windows 10 pro however i need to revert to windows 10 home, does anyone know how to? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/77d2ee67-9904-41fc-a0ba-938775ec3de5
  7. revert to windows 10 home from pro

revert to windows 10 home from pro: hi, i recently upgraded to windows 10 pro however i need to revert to windows 10 home, does anyone know how to? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revert-to-windows-10-home-from-pro/77d2ee67-9904-41fc-a0ba-938775ec3de5
  8. revert to windows 10 home from pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Revert back to Windows 10 home edition from pro ed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Revert back to Windows 10 home edition from pro ed?: How do I revert my pro edition of Windows 10 back to home? As an example, there are certain things in Chrome I would change, but I keep getting the message "Yor computer is managed by your organization". This is not just in Chrome, it comes up other places too....
  10. Reverting to windows 10 home from pro and activating product

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reverting to windows 10 home from pro and activating product: I have an issue with my windows 10, that was original and the license and key to activate them worked perfectly. But when I had to have maintenance done on my computer, the idiots at the shop installed Windows 10 pro. This wasn't my wish and wasn't supposed to be done. Now...