Windows 10: Reverting Ownership of Folder

Discus and support Reverting Ownership of Folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have taken control of a folder by using TakeOwn.exe. Code: TakeOwn /F "C:\Windows\SystemApps" /A /R /D Y Is there a command associated with... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by SSN651, Dec 13, 2020.

1. SSN651 Win User

Reverting Ownership of Folder

I have taken control of a folder by using TakeOwn.exe.

Code:
    Is there a command associated with reverting the ownership to TrustedInstaller?

:)

SSN651, Dec 13, 2020
  2. SSN651 Win User

I have taken control of a folder by using TakeOwn.exe.

Code:
    Is there a command associated with reverting the ownership to TrustedInstaller?

SSN651, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Paul Black, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Reverting Ownership of Folder

WindowsApps folder ownership

Hello,

As I know, the default owner for WindowsApps folder is TrustedInstaller. You can try restoring ownership to TrustedInstaller, refer first reply here for the required steps:

Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Reverting Ownership of Folder - Similar Threads - Reverting Ownership Folder

2. Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?: The plan: I'd like to take ownership of C:\Windows\SystemResources just long enough to substitute an edited imageres.dll.mun file for the original, and then go back and revert ownership of the folder to NT Service\TrustedInstaller. That's what I'd like to do, not what I'm...
  3. Reverting Ownership of Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverting Ownership of Folder: I have taken control of a folder by using TakeOwn.exe. Code: TakeOwn /F "C:\Windows\SystemApps" /A /R /D Y Is there a command associated with reverting the ownership to TrustedInstaller? 170266
  4. Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing folder ownership TrustedInstaller: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm trying to uninstall windows defender as its bloating my pc and causing memory leaks, but task manager wont let me even close the program access denied My next thought was to delete the Windows Defender folder in my C: drive, but I need permission from...
  5. cannot take ownership of folders

cannot take ownership of folders: I get permission errors when I try to open some folders in Windows 10 desktop. I try to take ownership as described in How to take ownership of a Folder. I am the administrator. I'm the only user. When I do I get the following errors. an error occurred applying security...
  6. Folder and File ownership not accepted

Folder and File ownership not accepted: Hi. I added and external hard drive to my new laptop after my laptop boke. I had no special ownership added to the external drive with my old laptop. I just plugged it in and used it. Now in my new laptop some folders and files behave normally but others say that i dont have...
  7. Take Ownership folders and files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  8. Take Ownership folders and files

in Windows 10 Support
    Take Ownership folders and files: Since I got the update for Windows 10 for 1809 version I need to take ownership for many folders and files I want to use. I could some help for this. I know there used to be some software that would do this for you. Does anyone know what software that would be and where to...
  9. Unable to take ownership of a folder.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to take ownership of a folder.: Hi guys, I am unable to take ownership of a folder with my account which is the only administrator account in my PC. [img] This is the issue that pops up. I took ownership with the above account as shown below. [img] [img] I have even applied the changes to all...
  10. Drive, Folder and File Ownership

Drive, Folder and File Ownership: First off, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong topic, I pondered for quite a while trying to decide where exactly I should present my questions/issues and ultimately decided on this topic because but for Network and Sharing issues, I don't know I would truly understand...