Windows 10: Reverting to Windows 7

Discus and support Reverting to Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 unfortunately the laptop has been handed down a couple of times and so the original disc has long been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherMunro2, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Reverting to Windows 7

I need to revert my laptop back to Windows 7 unfortunately the laptop has been handed down a couple of times and so the original disc has long been lost. I have tried downloading the ISO from the Microsoft software download page however the website returns an error message saying that the code was used by the manufacturer and cannot be used to download the software now. The code was taken from the sticker under the laptop.

Does anyone have any advice? the laptop does not have the RAM to support windows 10 so using the laptop is a nightmare at the moment.

:)

ChristopherMunro2, Apr 7, 2020
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

window 10 suddenly reverts to windows 7 after months

Hi,

Please clarify the following:

• Did you receive an error message before it reverts to Windows 7?
    • Were there any changes or updates made prior to this?
    • What steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Rhen Pal, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 revert to Windows 7 fails.

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How did you try to revert to previous OS?

Suggest you to refer to the reply posted by “Niranjan Manjhi” from this thread to check if that helps.

Revert to Windows 7 from Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Smitty01 Win User

Reverting to Windows 7

Reverting to 7

Win 10 has been installed on my computer. Exactly how can I revert back to Win 7? Step by step, please.

Smitty01, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Reverting to Windows 7

1. Reverting to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Reverting

2. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  3. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...: The referenced post does not state whether the problem was ever solved. Other posts that reference the same problem are found in on-line searches; however, no indication that issue was solved. In addition, a majority of responses ignore the statement of the problem and simply...
  4. on October 28, 2022 Michael Andreas posted the following problem "PC name reverts back...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  6. I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?

I chose to do not sync Microsoft account and Windows, how to revert this?: As title says, today I was starting Windows and was in hurry and by mistake I chose that I do not want sync Microsoft account and Windows, how do I revert this change? I want those two sync'ed....
  7. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  8. Settings revert after Windows update

Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  9. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...
  10. Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070

Graphic card reverting to OpenGL 1.1 on Windows 11 NVIDIA GTX1070: I updated to windows 11 and my graphic card somehow downgraded its OpenGL supported version to version 1.1I have an NVIDIA GTX 1070 that should support OpenGL 4.2. But somehow is stuck on 1.1 I installed the latest driver updates for my graphic card. Still only supports...