Windows 10: Review: Kernel for OST to PST

Discus and support Review: Kernel for OST to PST in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Noel, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Noel New Member

Review: Kernel for OST to PST

Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail, Live/Outlook/Hotmail, Lotus Domino and others. Bearing in mind the fact that there is a good number of businesses going to cloud, it’s a must to have such feature.

Conversion is pretty straight forward, all you need is to select either an OST file with the option to bulk input the file selection. The rest is done with the application. The first pass will just open the file and the other passes on the file will try to recover deleted or corrupted messages, which if you have a healthy file can skip easily. The conversion is pretty fast and reliable keeping in mind it can run on any platform being Windows 7/ 8/ 10 to server editions as well.

You can export to either PST, DBX or MBOX apart from saving to MSG, EML, PDF and other common extensions. The best part of the application was the ability to save directly to email servers such as Office 365, Lotus Domino, various Exchange server versions, Yahoo, Gmail and other. All in one console and with a user friendly interface. This really saves a lot of time as using the conventional way, you would need to use Outlook, export using Outlook to PST. This of course does not recover from corrupted OST so it’s a show stopper. Adding to this then if you want to import to Exchange, you would need to transfer all the exported PSTs to a central location and use the NewMailboxImportRequest keeping in mind that you have Exchange 2010 upwards and this must be done one by one. As stated above with Kernel for OST to PST you will can easily do this with a bulk job and you can also directly import to Exchange of any version or any cloud service of your choice. Adding to this, the application also scans the OST file for deleted and recoverable items from corruption.

From my experience I have gone through a number of problem-solving with regards to Exchange, but one time I was called in to assist with a corrupted EDB file and broken down Exchange server. Rebuilding the Exchange server was an easy task but re-importing the data was going to be an issue. With Kernel for OST to PST, I was able to copy all OST files from the computers to a central location and I was able to convert the OST files and import them directly to Exchange using Kernel for OST to PST. This incident had 20 mailboxes, but the software has saved me a lot of time and costs which would ended up in more downtime and recovery time for the client.

The software is easy to use and the export features are straight forward with minimal administration effort. It saved me a lot of time and stress and it is recommended for such operations. Pricing varies depending on what features you would need. The Personal license costs $99 with the option to go for Home license which give you the ability to install on various computers respectively costing $199. These two version will give you the ability to convert OST files to PST. If you want to upload OST files directly to Exchange and cloud, you would need to purchase the Corporate license for $299 and if you want all features including conversion of multiple OST files in bulk you need to purchase the Technician version which costs $399. More information on the website of Kernel For OST to PST.

(1)

read more...

2. .pst vs .ost

how do I change from .ost to .pst in Office 365?

JoniBirkeland, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Ethan B. Win User
    .pst vs .ost

Hey JoniBirkeland,

This tool should do the job sufficiently:
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Ho...

Should any problem arise from using this tool or if you need clarification on the process, please let me know, and good luck.

Ethan B., Sep 14, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

Hi Monk,
    *.pst files are for POP3 accounts, whilst *.ost files are for IMAP accounts. Nothing to worry about - everything's fine.

simrick, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Review: Kernel for OST to PST - Similar Threads - Review Kernel OST

2. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  3. Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can I add old mail from .pst to .ost without .ost file corruptions?: Whilst currently using Office 365 / Outlook on Exchange basis, I have been using POP3 for a very long time. I still have connected my POP3 account (.pst) to Outlook. Am using Outlook 365 as default. I also have a gmail account, same situation as above applies: Gmail...
  4. How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to find Outlook .ost /.pst files in command prompt: Windows 10 has developed a critical error and, following the assessment of an expert technician, I have been advised to reinstall. The process will remove all apps but preserve my files which are, in any event, backed up daily. I am not sure if the reinstall will erase...
  5. Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Professional Plus 2019 Outlook ost and pst issue: I have a new computer (windows 10) and installed Office Professional Plus 2019 with no problem, except Outlook with multiple issues. Clicked on the Outlook icon to start the setup process, it went great as it found my account and showed all my folders in the side bar that I...
  6. PST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PST: HOW DO I OPEN .PST FILE ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pst/5cb0f141-91de-4310-8425-bb2860101953
  7. What is the best OST to PST Converter Software?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the best OST to PST Converter Software?: As we all know that the MS Outlook is desktop email client and saves the mailbox data in two types of data files named as OST file and PST file. An OST file is offline storage data file and PST is personal storage file which is directly importable to Outlook. "Sometimes the...
  8. Exchange OST to PST Converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exchange OST to PST Converter: One of the best and interesting software is here which is known as OST to PST Converter. This application made up by using the rich algorithm and the best technology Using it you can convert your data into several multiple files format like PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, MBOX,...
  9. Review: Kernel for OST to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Review: Kernel for OST to PST: Today I am reviewing Kernel for OST to PST application which in my Opinion, it should be renamed to OST to anything as apart from recovering from corrupted OST files and converting them to PST, you can export to practically anything including Office 365, Google Apps/Gmail,...
  10. Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook *.ost files being created instead of *.pst: I upgraded to Win10/Office 2016 from Win7/Office 2013. At the same time, I changed my web mail (Gmail) from POP3 to IMAP. Since the upgrade, Outlook creates *.ost data files instead of *.pst data files. As far as I am able to determine, *.ost files are a product of or are...