Windows 10: Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

Discus and support Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine: an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSDfresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ritjesman, Jun 15, 2021.

1. ritjesman Win User

Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine: an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSDfresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin NVMe netplwiz in the upgraded version shows the "must enter password" checkbox whilst the new install does not: I've perused the various posts here dealing with issue including the the "foundation" tutorial: Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts I do not have a "Require Windows Hello sign-in" option: I believe this is because I'm running a tower setup without a camera/fingerprint capability: The above two screens are identical in both versions. For the fresh install I did the "isolate target drive" approach with LAN/all non-target SATA ports disabled via BIOS. I also pre-formatted the target partition to get the single partition OS environment (I use Reflect). The "passwordless logon" via the registry modification was also attempted: I must have missed something since that is not working either. I really like being able the hit the on button on my way to that first cup of coffee in the morning and having my environment ready to rock-n-roll by the time I return ... Thanks in advance for your time & expertise in helping me sort this out.

:)

ritjesman, Jun 15, 2021
  2. ritjesman Win User

I have two Win10 OS drives on my machine:
    1. an upgrade version: Win7 to Win10 1909 to Win10 2004 on a SATA SSD
    2. fresh install of Win10 21H1 on a virgin NVMe
    netplwiz in the upgraded version shows the "must enter password" checkbox whilst the new install does not:

Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz [​IMG]

I've perused the various posts here dealing with issue including the the "foundation" tutorial:
    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

I do not have a "Require Windows Hello sign-in" option:

I believe this is because I'm running a tower setup without a camera/fingerprint capability:

The above two screens are identical in both versions.

For the fresh install I did the "isolate target drive" approach with LAN/all non-target SATA ports disabled via BIOS. I also pre-formatted the target partition to get the single partition OS environment (I use Reflect).

The "passwordless logon" via the registry modification was also attempted:

I must have missed something since that is not working either.

I really like being able the hit the on button on my way to that first cup of coffee in the morning and having my environment ready to rock-n-roll by the time I return ...

Thanks in advance for your time & expertise in helping me sort this out.

ritjesman, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing

I Had this problem with netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' checkbox missing

But according to my research, this is an issue for some users only with Build 2004.....thought it was due to a corrupt user profile......so did the suggested registry mod & all is back to normal, meant to be `by design` by Microsoft to discourage passwords and use other means of logging in....need go to the following reg key and change the DWORD to 0 from 2.....would love any comments on this, but it worked for me

reddwarf4ever, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz

Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update, so how should i remove password from windows logon screen as everytime i have enetr my credentials to login.

or when this netplwiz issue will be fixed ?

Aashish Sharma89, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Revisit: no "must enter password" checkbox on netplwiz - Similar Threads - Revisit must enter

2. How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto login if the checkbox to do so doesn't appear in netplwiz: So I'm trying to disable auto login on my pc so I get loaded into the login screen, back on windows 10 this was the default, didn't need a password or anything just a login screen. However this was enabled when I got my new pc which has windows 11 and have no way of disabling...
  3. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cookies must be allowed Revisited: I've decided to go back and get answers to questions that no one working for your company is intelligent enough to answer. you 1st reply will prove this all over again :...
  4. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cookies must be allowed Revisited: I've decided to go back and get answers to questions that no one working for your company is intelligent enough to answer. you 1st reply will prove this all over again :...
  5. Cookies must be allowed Revisited

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password Missing: I Had this problem with netplwiz 'Users must enter a username and password to use this computer' checkbox missing But according to my research, this is an issue for some users only with Build 2004.....thought it was due to a corrupt user profile......so did the suggested...
  7. Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update: Remove password checkbox in netplwiz is not coming after the May 2020 update, so how should i remove password from windows logon screen as everytime i have enetr my credentials to login. or when this netplwiz issue will be fixed ?...
  8. Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...: [W10; Lenovo Laptop brand new; Chrome browser; Outlook.com; Gmail.] Puzzle: I fixed my laptop so as to open it without having to enter my password and it worked for a few days but now again needs to be typed the password even on its awakening! Of course I went back to the...
  9. Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...

in Windows 10 Support
    Box properly unchecked yet must enter password each time...: [W10; Lenovo Laptop brand new; Chrome browser; Outlook.com; Gmail.] Puzzle: I fixed my laptop so as to open it without having to enter my password and it worked for a few days but now again needs to be typed the password even on its awakening! Of course I went back to the...
  10. incorrect password after netplwiz

incorrect password after netplwiz: Hello. I wanted to disable login password to I ran netplwiz and unchecked that requirement. It worked, but now when I turn on my computer, it says my password or username is incorrect. I click ok and it gives me two "users" on the lower left hand corner. I choose the correct...