Windows 10: Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans

Discus and support Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Antivirus Boot Disc There is this Great Post What a good idea - Windows 7 Help Forums And it is a good idea. It links to a web page that has a great... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonMurray, May 21, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans

Antivirus Boot Disc
    There is this Great Post
    What a good idea - Windows 7 Help Forums
    And it is a good idea.
    It links to a web page that has a great article BUT.... "NOVEMBER 9, 2013, 6:40AM EDT" is nearly 7 years old I hope to revive this post and see what people are saying about all of this today with windows 10 - and 7
    Do we have a way to scan the registry today with a AV boot disk ? What types of bootable scan disks are folks using today ? THe article talked about Kaspersky's Rescue CD with WindowsUnlocker, WDO

I ran the latest Norton Antivirus Boot disk about 2 weeks ago and it missed all kinds of Malicious tools that antimalwarebytes later found.

:)

DonMurray, May 21, 2019

2. Great New Phone Idea

I have an idea for a whole new line of phones. I think it is a great idea and could increase a phone companies sales tremendously. How would I go about contacting Nokia to run the idea past them?

jimrost---01, May 21, 2019
  3. rash---01 Win User
    Nokia Twinsim??? Great idea?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find suggestions/improvments - for Nokia fones.

Well the reason for this post is I have 2 sims, - actually I have three but I lied; anyway one of them is a 3 sim and the other is O2, and everytime I wanna use one of them i have to switch of my phone and insert the other one, by now i've got sick and tired
    I just rip the battery out without switching off.

The 3 sim is on contract and is only for using minutes/text etc, and the o2 sim is PAYG and for answering calls, my reason for this is that my contract is eventually going to end, and so it quite inconvenient to change numbers every 12 months - I never stay
    on the same contract for >12 months and so I keep a PAYG sim.

But wouldn't it be great if Nokia had a dual sim, implememnted in all their phones?

I am surprised no manufacturer has not caught onto this, especially Nokia, they are known for their easy to use phones.

What do you guys think?

rash---01, May 21, 2019
  4. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans - Similar Threads - Reviving great post

2. God is great

in Windows 10 Gaming
    God is great: God is great is all world https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/god-is-great/6e540ef2-1ed8-4a9f-9bdf-6cd490307eba
  3. So great

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So great: Microsoft is so great. Even windows knows to shut down itself when its downloading a file : Are you all from hell or what ?How hard is it "If windows is doing job == DO NOT SLEEP" . how can everyone at microsoft have iq of 9 ? Guess they pay 1$/h...
  4. So great

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So great: Microsoft is so great. Even windows knows to shut down itself when its downloading a file : Are you all from hell or what ?How hard is it "If windows is doing job == DO NOT SLEEP" . how can everyone at microsoft have iq of 9 ? Guess they pay 1$/h...
  5. So great

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Great Discover Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Great Discover Virus: Hello, and I have a question about a malware that has infected my PC to mine Bitcoin. No matter what i tried it cant be removed such as: Deleting through Safe Mode Removing through Avast Scanning with Norton360 Scanning with Malwarebytes And those are the ones I most...
  7. Great design

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Great design: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/367su9useyp41.png?width=1437&format=png&auto=webp&s=af7cb23619e70cc7508c8aac3b3fcbbc7e8bab62 submitted by /u/Devespula [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fs80dv/great_design/
  8. Great Customer Service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Great Customer Service: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Castlear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1tg3r/great_customer_service/
  9. Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Great Idea for Copying + Pasting from/to Applications (Windows Clipboard): I was just working on some lab materials on a MOOC when I realized that a particular feature would be really interesting if it were available. When you copy you copy it to the Clipboard, and Win + V allows you to select what to paste if you have a Clipboard History. But what...
  10. Great feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Great feedback: Hi just received a message from Charlie Where to post a great feedback? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/great-feedback/cd33a1a8-f9e1-4e4c-9f71-1826052847db