Windows 10: Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans

Discus and support Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Antivirus Boot Disc There is this Great Post What a good idea - Windows 7 Help Forums And it is a good idea. It links to a web page that has a great... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DonMurray, May 21, 2019.

1. DonMurray Win User

Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans

Antivirus Boot Disc
    There is this Great Post
    What a good idea - Windows 7 Help Forums
    And it is a good idea.
    It links to a web page that has a great article BUT.... "NOVEMBER 9, 2013, 6:40AM EDT" is nearly 7 years old I hope to revive this post and see what people are saying about all of this today with windows 10 - and 7
    Do we have a way to scan the registry today with a AV boot disk ? What types of bootable scan disks are folks using today ? THe article talked about Kaspersky's Rescue CD with WindowsUnlocker, WDO

I ran the latest Norton Antivirus Boot disk about 2 weeks ago and it missed all kinds of Malicious tools that antimalwarebytes later found.

:)

DonMurray, May 21, 2019

2. Great New Phone Idea

I have an idea for a whole new line of phones. I think it is a great idea and could increase a phone companies sales tremendously. How would I go about contacting Nokia to run the idea past them?

jimrost---01, May 21, 2019
  3. rash---01 Win User
    Nokia Twinsim??? Great idea?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but I couldn't find suggestions/improvments - for Nokia fones.

Well the reason for this post is I have 2 sims, - actually I have three but I lied; anyway one of them is a 3 sim and the other is O2, and everytime I wanna use one of them i have to switch of my phone and insert the other one, by now i've got sick and tired
    I just rip the battery out without switching off.

The 3 sim is on contract and is only for using minutes/text etc, and the o2 sim is PAYG and for answering calls, my reason for this is that my contract is eventually going to end, and so it quite inconvenient to change numbers every 12 months - I never stay
    on the same contract for >12 months and so I keep a PAYG sim.

But wouldn't it be great if Nokia had a dual sim, implememnted in all their phones?

I am surprised no manufacturer has not caught onto this, especially Nokia, they are known for their easy to use phones.

What do you guys think?

rash---01, May 21, 2019
  4. Suupala Win User

Disk boot failure after removing old Vista partition

Thank you for the reply, muchomurka! As I indicated in my post, I have already tried all the steps you suggested to no avail:

- I cannot choose startup repair since the computer does not boot from the installation media
    - I cannot use command prompt since the computer does not boot further than the POST screen
    - I have disconnected and tried out all hard drives individually.

Since I had Win 10 up and running a few hours ago, I can say with 100% certainty that none of the hardware is faulty.

The real mystery is, how come the system won't boot from any media without an empty disk containing an old Vista boot sector being on top of the boot priority list? And which steps to take now that I've cleaned this disk and it does not exist anymore?

Would appreciate any ideas and pointers!

Suupala, May 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Reviving a great post " What a great Idea" Boot disk that scans - Similar Threads - Reviving great post

2. Countdown to greatness help?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Countdown to greatness help?: So my computer gets stuck if i restart (not turn off and on, restart option) or update it. i tried to fix this forever ago and couldnt, im getting a new pc (needed an upgrade anyway) but i dont currently have the money, so while i wait to be able to get a new pc i have to...
  3. Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just Great, 1903 Update killed half my USB....Just Great: My computer updated automatically, which SUCKS, and now 3 of my external devices are "The USB set address request failed" including my GD render drive with all my client files that I now have to open on my MAC (that I hate but works every time). So two drives an my LG...
  4. How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?: Hi, I've recently been noticing alot of "portable" SSD drives that connect via USB. (USB 3.1 I think is what I saw though I'm not sure that that is the minimum port requirement...) From what I understand about hard drives though, I always thought that they were limited by...
  5. Great new features in Calibre

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Great new features in Calibre: Hi folks latest release of Calibre has some great new features for editing / manger / converting e-books. Here's screenshot (this is Linux version but identical in Windows). [img] Cheers jimbo 127808
  6. great applications on the way

great applications on the way: this notification in windows update is not getting installed and not working. similarly new experiences after update not working. these problems are after updates from 1803 to 1809 with build number 17763. i am using windows 10 pro with office 2013. i could repair problems...
  7. "A great app is on it's way!"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "A great app is on it's way!": I just got a new laptop and on the start menu it says for about half of the apps "a great app is on it's way!" how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-great-app-is-on-its-way/72d1f04e-28ed-46a2-b9ab-87916f394d6f
  8. Great feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Great feedback: Hi just received a message from Charlie Where to post a great feedback? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/great-feedback/cd33a1a8-f9e1-4e4c-9f71-1826052847db
  9. A Great App is on it's way?

A Great App is on it's way?: [img] As you can see in the image, I have 5 tiles of it. Any one know what they are? They send me to the store when I click on them. 17577
  10. Disk Usage 100% despite great free space.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Usage 100% despite great free space.: Hi. Since yesterday, My laptop suddenly started lagging a lot. I opened Task Manager and saw that the Disk Usage was at 100%! The only things causing it to rise are the essential Windows Programs. This causes so much lag though, that if I try to run more than 1 application at...