Windows 10: Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files"

Discus and support Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, with Revo Uninstaller installed. I've been using this for a long time and it always hangs for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Windbrand, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Windbrand Win User

Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files"

I'm using Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, with Revo Uninstaller installed. I've been using this for a long time and it always hangs for a while on "scanning for leftover files". Tonight I tried using it to uninstall Avira (want to reinstall this, having issues), and it simply hangs on "scanning for leftover files" infinitely. Been waiting for almost an hour and it's still stuck there, roughly 75% of the bar.

Anyone know what might be causing this? Fresh restart + CCleaner didn't help either.

:)

Windbrand, Aug 9, 2016

2. Daemon Tools Lite will not unstall on win 10 dont wont it please help getting it off

THANKS

NishankDwivedi, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Daemon Tools Lite will not unstall on win 10 dont wont it please help getting it off

This process was the most successful for me. I had to initially delete the registry keys in REVO, then it gave me the option to delete all of the files left over ( in this case all of the files since the anniversary update made the default uninstaller not
    compatible as well ).

Thank you,
    Emil Løken.

This was a big help considering I couldn't windows explorer because of this after updating.

PotatoPot Pi, Aug 9, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

For AV products you'd be better advised to use the manufacturer's clean-up tool or instructions.
    Instructions for manual uninstallation

I've not had an issue like that with Revo. You might want to try their forum.

For the last couple of years I've used Geek uninstaller (free) for routine uninstalls- quite neat and fast as it finds some leftover reg entries. But I wouldn't try it with an AV prog.

dalchina, Aug 9, 2016
  5. fireberd Win User
    I use Revo Uninstaller Pro. No problems with scanning either the registry or for left over files. I use it for all of my uninstalls, including AV products.

Either the Revo Uninstaller program is corrupted (uninstall, REBOOT, reinstall) or there is some other problem with the PC.

fireberd, Aug 9, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    I had major problems with Revo pro after the AU, refused to go past the splash screen.
    Uninstalled & tried reinstalling it then stuck on initialising. I did a repair/in-place upgrade, same problem, ran several cleaners incl disk cleanup to remove the Windows.old folder & managed to get Revo working fine.
    Perhaps cleanup is needed.

Bastet, Aug 9, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Revo Uninstaller - hangs at "scanning for leftover files" - Similar Threads - Revo Uninstaller hangs

2. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  3. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Revo uninstaller safe?: Is Revo uninstaller safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-revo-uninstaller-safe/a6d44878-ac2c-4861-b5d6-ac7351b81eca
  4. Is Revo uninstaller safe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...: SILVERLIGHT UNINSTALLED USING REVO UNINSTALLER SO IT COULD FIND ANY LEFTOVER FILES - OVER 47,000 FOUND - DO I DELETE THEM WITH REVO ?SCREENSHOTS OF SOME OF THE FILES ATTACHEDHello All,I need help urgently please - I need to try and get answers to this before I have to turn...
  6. REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...

REVO UNINSTALLER UNINSTALLED MICROSOFT SILVERLIGHT BUT THEN FOUND OVER 47,000 LEFTOVER...: SILVERLIGHT UNINSTALLED USING REVO UNINSTALLER SO IT COULD FIND ANY LEFTOVER FILES - OVER 47,000 FOUND - DO I DELETE THEM WITH REVO ?SCREENSHOTS OF SOME OF THE FILES ATTACHEDHello All,I need help urgently please - I need to try and get answers to this before I have to turn...
  7. Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...

Revo Uninstaller vs Revo uninstaller pro...: When you uninstall a program through "Programs and Features" and afterwards, launch Revo, that program is not listed in Revo... Does the Pro version of Revo list programs that have been removed through "Programs and Features" ? 174560
  8. Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Revo or Ashampoo Uninstaller ?: Hi All. Has anyone use both. Revo and Ashampoo uninstaller? witch one do you recommend? Running Windows 10 home edition. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/revo-or-ashampoo-uninstaller/1005b5b9-920b-4e7d-be90-c6d8460414ce"
  9. Revo Uninstaller Question

Revo Uninstaller Question: Thanks to the Revo Uninstaller Pro 4 thread on here I just bought it. I thought that I would test it out and remove HexChat as I had planned to remove it anyway. My question is regarding the registry entries it found. I'm wondering if removing them will break anything -...
  10. Revo Uninstaller question

Revo Uninstaller question: Revo Uninstaller used to be one of my favorite programs; the fact that it left no bits and pieces when uninstalling programs attracted me. However, every time my Geek Squad looks at my laptop the first thing they do, again and again, is uninstall Revo Uninstaller. They have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scanning for leftover information

2. revo uninstaller scan slow

3. Revo uninstaller scan hangs

4. scanning for leftover information revo,
  5. advanced uninstaller stuck on scanning leftovers,
  6. revo stuck scanning for installed files,
  7. revo uninstaller freeze scanning leftover