Windows 10: Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Discus and support Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ???? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there I've got an older Sony VAIO laptop with a digital licence -- wiped it clean because I want to donate to charity. But if they install any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Sep 4, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

Hi there

I've got an older Sony VAIO laptop with a digital licence -- wiped it clean because I want to donate to charity.

But if they install any windows from scratch will the Ms servers have the old digital license / hardware footprint on it.

I'm happy to donate no longer needed pieces of hardware to charity -- but I really need them to install all their own software etc -- so how can one delete / revoke a digital license for a particular PC. I just want to revoke it --not report as Piracy etc -- it's a decent charity !!.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 4, 2018
  2. SzSSamuel Win User

Will my Windows 10 licence get revoked if I upgraded from Windows 8.1 with a DreamSpark licence?

Hello!

Short story:

My current Windows 10 licence was reserved using a limited time (DreamSpark) Windows 8.1, due to end this October. Will my current Windows 10 licence be revoked as well?

Long story:

I'm a computer science student in Romania (at the Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj), and our) faculty has it's own DreamSpark store, from witch I downloaded and installed Windows 8.1 on my computer (about two years ago. Last year, I used that 8.1 installation
    to reserve my Windows 10 upgrade, than I successfully upgraded to 10, and I'm still using Windows 10 as my default OS.

But from this point forward, I'm not sure what is going to happen:

I finished the last university year (the 3rd one), and if my theory is right, my DreamSpark account will be closed starting this fall, and my licences will be revoked. This would not be a problem on it's own, but I'm afraid, that this will automatically
    revoke my Windows 10 licence too, because I used a limited time licence (of Windows 8.1) to reserve an upgrade.

So my question is, should I be worried? Should I swiftly clean install a Windows 7 (I purchased one with my computer), then update it till I get to reserve another Windows 10 licence freely? Or everything will be OK, and my current Windows 10 licence will
    left intact?

Thanks in advance for the help! Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ???? :)

SzSSamuel, Sep 4, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Digital Licences

Yes you can have more than one Digital Licence attached . . .

The Windows 10 Digital Licence is actually attached to the PC/Laptop to which it is applied.

Attaching to your Account means you own that PC/Laptop, you can attach as many PC's to your account as you wish.

Then, say if you were to sell a PC, you can remove it from your Account

DaveM121, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ???? - Similar Threads - Revoking Digital Licence

2. digital licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    digital licence: I only my hard drive left from my original computer which is formatted - and contains I think my original digital licence -from what I understand Microsoft still has that on file ? since I have been automatically activated from win. 8 to win.10 how do I restore that as I...
  3. digital licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    digital licence: I only my hard drive left from my original computer which is formatted - and contains I think my original digital licence -from what I understand Microsoft still has that on file ? since I have been automatically activated from win. 8 to win.10 how do I restore that as I...
  4. Digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence: I have been wanting to reinstall windows from scratch and get as clean a copy as possible for some time now and I been looking into it lately. I want to try and get rid if any ghosts partitions left behind such as my old windows 7 i can bring up on startup by clicking on F8 i...
  5. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: Dear sir, I am a ninth class student, I made a computer from my local shop, which did not have original windows, can I get a digital license of Windows please. Shourya Ingley...
  6. digital licence

digital licence: I have just purchased a 2nd hand dell 9020. the copy of windows 10 is activated by a digital licence. I presume this will be linked to the previous owners Microsoft account. is there a way to swap this activation to my Microsoft account?...
  7. Digital licence

Digital licence: Hello, I have purchased a laptop and have signed in with a microsoft account the activate the windows, this is a year back. However now i have this problem of my windows edition showing i have windows pro but not activated. when i clicked the troubleshoot it tells me that i...
  8. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  9. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"
  10. Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????

in Windows 10 Support
    Revoking Digital Licence -- possible ????: Hi there I've got an older Sony VAIO laptop with a digital licence -- wiped it clean because I want to donate to charity. But if they install any windows from scratch will the Ms servers have the old digital license / hardware footprint on it. I'm happy to donate no longer...