Windows 10: Ribbon/Command bar customisation

Discus and support Ribbon/Command bar customisation in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there I was trying to search for a program that's able to customise the Ribbon or the command bar since I feel the Ribbon is too bulky, it takes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by malim, Oct 23, 2015.

1. malim Win User

Ribbon/Command bar customisation

Hi there
    I was trying to search for a program that's able to customise the Ribbon or the command bar since I feel the Ribbon is too bulky, it takes up too much space. But after enabling the command bar with oldnewexplorer, you have to click 'Organise' to do simple tasks, also to show/hide hidden files you have to go to Tools -> Folder Options. I remember seeing a program that's able to put shortcuts on the command bar but now I'm unable to find it.

:)

malim, Oct 23, 2015

2. Latest Win 10 Update - did it change the way Excel works ?

Bruce

Quiet here so did a little research. In Word if you select File, Options, Customise Ribbon you can customise keyboard shortcuts. However, there is no comparable option in Excel.

Gerry C J Cornell, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Hadden89 Win User
    Customizable ribbon as in Office 2010

I'd like to customize ribbon file explorer in a manner similiar to what Office 2010 does (customizable groups and commands).

Alot of commands which the bar has, are made by keyboard, mouse or context menus (on desktop, at least).

I don't use QAT and I'd like to keep only the commands I really need in the ribbon instead to have them all there.

It's possibile, or somewhat planned in future?

Thank you,

Hadden.

Hadden89, Oct 23, 2015
Thema:

Ribbon/Command bar customisation

1. Ribbon/Command bar customisation - Similar Threads - Ribbon Command bar

2. How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?: After an update this unnecessary bar suddenly appeared. How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-redundant-barribbon-in-file-explorer/ff97bbe0-a2f9-4c15-83ce-9426fc105dd2
  3. How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove redundant bar/ribbon in file explorer?: After an update this unnecessary bar suddenly appeared. How can it be removed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-redundant-barribbon-in-file-explorer/ff97bbe0-a2f9-4c15-83ce-9426fc105dd2
  4. Explorer ribbon gone, replaced with command bar for no reason.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer ribbon gone, replaced with command bar for no reason.: Been like this for months now, SFC /Scannow won't help at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-ribbon-gone-replaced-with-command-bar-for/933127eb-f9fc-4c01-a94f-447a5df18ace
  5. Pinning Apps to Side-Bar Ribbon in TEAMS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pinning Apps to Side-Bar Ribbon in TEAMS: Hello - I am a relatively new Teams user, and am trying to pin my favorite apps to the side-bar ribbon. I can pin them there, but the next time I open Teams, they have reverted back to default. We are implementing Shifts, and I want to have Shifts quickly accessible....
  6. White Bar over Ribbon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White Bar over Ribbon: I've a number of users encountering the White Bar over the upper ribbon issue on a number of our Amazon Workspaces. The Workspaces are Server 2016 machines using Windows 10 virtualization and the issue happened starting in January of this year for some users. This seems to...
  7. Customise task bar after upgrade

Customise task bar after upgrade: Recently MS asked to update. Now have a search box in my taskbar that I prefer to not be there ( a little thing I know but still annoying). Have tried to remove in usual way but hasn't worked. Thanks...
  8. Customisation

Customisation: I have been following these customisation threads for a few days now. This is what I've managed so far. [img] Only one thing bothering me now tho, I am using TranslucentTB for the see through taskbar but now any app shortcut I pin to it will not work. The default Windows...
  9. Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars

Customize ribbons, font sizes and menu bars: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...
  10. Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize font sizes for menu bars, ribbons, etc.: Since the new Windows update installed last night, all of my menu/ribbon font sizes have gotten very small. I cannot locate the place to change menu font sizes. I believe it was under display before this. I am able to change the overall display setting but all of the...