Windows 10: Ribd-Ransomware Attack

Discus and support Ribd-Ransomware Attack in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I don't know how my Laptop got attacked by theRIBD Ransomware. Every file got encrypted with the extension of RIBD, anyone facing the same?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NafeesAhmed Tonu, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Ribd-Ransomware Attack

Recently I don't know how my Laptop got attacked by theRIBD Ransomware. Every file got encrypted with the extension of RIBD, anyone facing the same? And can anyone help me decrypting my file? It will be very much if anyone help me getting my files back. Thank you.

Note: I don't any restore point created.

:)

NafeesAhmed Tonu, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Mar 3, 2021
  4. S-and-S Win User

Ribd-Ransomware Attack

Ransomware attack

There are no specific steps that you can take to protect yourself against ransomware - only the same steps that you take to protect yourself against all other threats on the internet:

1- Stay up-to-date with the latest news about attacks.

2- Adopt safe computing practices.

3- Backup every day, if not more often.

With respect to backups, at least some of your backups should be stored on devices that are physically disconnected from your computer. An alternative is to use a backup program (like Macrium Reflect) that locks down backup archives from being changed or
    deleted.

S-and-S, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Ribd-Ransomware Attack

1. Ribd-Ransomware Attack - Similar Threads - Ribd Ransomware Attack

2. Ransomware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware attack: Ransomware attack on my pc. All my files such as photos, videos, apps, xlxs, pdf and every thing are encrypted. every file extension shown as *YGKZ format and could not open anything. ID appears to be an online ID encryption. how do i resolve this....
  3. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I downloaded one file which was containing viruses and now all my Data is encrypted with .omfl extension and i have very important files on my pc. how to recover all file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ransomware-attack/305c4fbf-4a2e-4293-9c35-a3bf07f3602d
  4. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Ransomware has attacked my pc. I cant do anything.please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/f0b64b4b-ea69-4af7-bb37-4f5e4a9ce363
  5. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: I have been attacked by ransomware. Is there any way to remove and decrypt the files? Or I have to completely format my hard drive? Seeking attention to Microsoft community. I have attached some screen shots. I am not sure about the ransom type yet. [IMG] [IMG]...
  6. Ransomware attack

Ransomware attack: Hello guys, i have a problem and i need help. to cut the long story short, my computer is infected with a ransomware (with ''nelasod'' extension on all docx, xlx, ppt and videos files). This has made it difficult to open any of my document in my external hard drive. It seems...
  7. Ransomware Attack ( .TRO)

Ransomware Attack ( .TRO): Hi all, I have a few questions regarding the ransomware attack. Most of my files format were changed to (.tro), is there a way to decrypted the files back to their original format? if possible then can anyone share how to do it? Thanks in advance for your response....
  8. Ransomware Attack ( .TRO)

Ransomware Attack ( .TRO): Hi all, I have a few questions regarding the ransomware attack. Most of my files format were changed to (.tro), is there a way to decrypted the files back to their original format? if possible then can anyone share how to do it? Thanks in advance for your response....
  9. Ransomware Attack

Ransomware Attack: Hello Dear all hope that you all doing well. Somone just hacked my pc.my all files stored on hard drive is converted to PPTX.how can i fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-attack/659f8e54-0800-4449-95f0-94604fae69f6
  10. New Ransomware attack

New Ransomware attack: Only 5 days out and Win10 being screwed with. This link was in an E-Mail today: New Windows 10 scam will encrypt your files for ransom | ZDNet 12608