Windows 10: riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

Discus and support riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ran sfc /scannow and many problems came up. Multiple runs have fixed many problems but this one keeps coming up. "CSI 00000224 [SR] Cannot repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WillFisher, Mar 31, 2023.

1. riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

ran sfc /scannow and many problems came up. Multiple runs have fixed many problems but this one keeps coming up. "CSI 00000224 [SR] Cannot repair member file [I:12]'riched20.dll' of Microsoft Windows RICHED32, version 10.0.19041.1. arch Host= amd64 Guest=x86, non SxS, pkt {I:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, file cannot be checked"" CSI 00000226 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:132]'Microsoft-Windows-Client-Desktop-Required-WOW64-Package0015~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.19041.2788.20fa7bc42b98da2d6cc4f49e1f942dfb'"ideas anyone?

:)

WillFisher, Mar 31, 2023

2. How to resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed. GetLastError() returned: 5"?

The file has been successfully renamed.

Now, please run the following:

• cd /d f:\windows\syswow64
    • copy riched20.dll.old riched20.dll
    • ..\system32\certutil.exe -hashfile riched20.dll sha256
    • ..\system32\icacls riched20.dll

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 31, 2023
  3. How to resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed. GetLastError() returned: 5"?

Hi Andrzej,

Open a Command Prompt (admin) window and type the following commands:

• TAKEOWN /F c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll /a
    • ICACLS c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll /grant administrators:F
    • ICACLS c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll
    • CERTUTIL -hashfile c:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll sha256
    See also Error 2894 RICHED20.DLL GetLastError() returned: 5

Please post the screenshot of the output window.

4. riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

How to resolve "Error 2894.Info 2894.Loading RICHED20.DLL failed. GetLastError() returned: 5"?

What about the 2nd command? Reposting the command-line below:

• certutil -hashfile f:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll sha256
    And then run:

• ren f:\windows\syswow64\riched20.dll riched20.dll.old (holding this for now. Will post after checking the results of the above command)

Thema:

riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

1. riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy? - Similar Threads - riched20 dll cannot

2. Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files: This issue was previously submitted, and was under work by Nada Nabil_A, however it seems their account has been retired and they are no longer responding. Out of desperation to fix this long-standing problem, I am re-posting the issue here in a new request as well as a link...
  3. Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files: This issue was previously submitted, and was under work by Nada Nabil_A, however it seems their account has been retired and they are no longer responding. Out of desperation to fix this long-standing problem, I am re-posting the issue here in a new request as well as a link...
  4. Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files: For the last couple of years I have been experiencing frequent random crashes on my PC. These crashes are no BSoD or shutdowns, but complete freezes that require a hard shutdown by holding the power button. These are independent of what software is running, and do not occur...
  5. Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent crashes and corrupted Input.dll, riched20.dll files: For the last couple of years I have been experiencing frequent random crashes on my PC. These crashes are no BSoD or shutdowns, but complete freezes that require a hard shutdown by holding the power button. These are independent of what software is running, and do not occur...
  6. riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?: ran sfc /scannow and many problems came up. Multiple runs have fixed many problems but this one keeps coming up. "CSI 00000224 [SR] Cannot repair member file [I:12]'riched20.dll' of Microsoft Windows RICHED32, version 10.0.19041.1. arch Host= amd64 Guest=x86, non SxS, pkt...
  7. riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    riched20.dll cannot repair where to find new copy?: ran sfc /scannow and many problems came up. Multiple runs have fixed many problems but this one keeps coming up. "CSI 00000224 [SR] Cannot repair member file [I:12]'riched20.dll' of Microsoft Windows RICHED32, version 10.0.19041.1. arch Host= amd64 Guest=x86, non SxS, pkt...
  8. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  9. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.: Hello. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2. I have been unable to install H&R Block tax program, with an 'unable to load RICHED20.DLL' message. I have consulted numerous MS Community threads, but none of them address my particular problem. Basically, I have found that...
  10. I cannot replace a corrupted RICHED20.DLL file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps