Windows 10: Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

Discus and support Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; One of my PC's (backup-secondary) uses very high amount CPU time for Photos and Store. I don't use Photos at all and very rarely Store. Does anybody... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _Jack_D, Apr 14, 2019.

1. _Jack_D Win User

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

One of my PC's (backup-secondary) uses very high amount CPU time for Photos and Store. I don't use Photos at all and very rarely Store.

Does anybody have a suggestion how to correct it?

This is my Secondary-PC for last month:

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store ff6978e9-85e9-4ffb-8cf8-1b4bb7b0f327?upload=true.png

This is my PC-Main

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store d65bb38e-3be4-4498-ac8f-3b868363f04b?upload=true.png

:)

_Jack_D, Apr 14, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Microsoft Store And Microsoft Photos NOT WORKING

Hi Jarrah!

Check this thread
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

For Microsoft Photos App:

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Windows Store Apps.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Photos app for Windows help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/s...

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

juan de jm, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

Issues with Microsoft photo editor

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your computer recently?
    3. What exactly happen when you try to use the Photo editor?
    4. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

I understand you are facing issues with Photo editor application, if you are using the Photo editor app which is downloaded from Microsoft Store, I suggest you to refer the following article and try few troubleshooting
    steps to fix issues with Photo editor
    and check if that helps.

Microsoft has replaced Photo Editor with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, a new photo editing and cataloging program in Office 2010, in Office 2007, and in Office 2003.

If the application has been removed from your PC, when you install Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007, or Microsoft Office 2003, I suggest you to refer the following article to reinstall

Photo Editor
    and check if that helps.

Reply back with the information, to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store

1. Ridiculous amount of CPU used by Microsoft Photos and Store - Similar Threads - Ridiculous amount CPU

2. Delivery optimization using ridiculous amounts of data on metered connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delivery optimization using ridiculous amounts of data on metered connection: I have done absolutely everything I can to get this to stop, and it will not. Every time I go to play a game it kicks up and doesn't go down no matter what I do. It has been using a steady 10mb/s+ of bandwidth all day and I can't even get that much from speedtest.net. I have...
  3. Delivery optimization using ridiculous amounts of data on metered connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delivery optimization using ridiculous amounts of data on metered connection: I have done absolutely everything I can to get this to stop, and it will not. Every time I go to play a game it kicks up and doesn't go down no matter what I do. It has been using a steady 10mb/s+ of bandwidth all day and I can't even get that much from speedtest.net. I have...
  4. Delivery optimization using ridiculous amounts of data on metered connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my programs are using mass amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my programs are using mass amounts of CPU: so me and my friend just bought sea of thieves and tried it out. my friend didn't have any cpu problems but my game was unplayable.then we decided to play minecraft and the exact same problem occurred. i just couldn't play the game. i knew something was wrong, because...
  6. localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu

localservicenonetworkfirewall using fairly high amount of cpu: this service suddenly pop out and eat fairly high cpu constantly. already tried resetting firewall setting and including windows defender folder in defender exclusion but nothing worked [ATTACH]...
  7. Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Photos & Video Studio using INSANE amount of data???: Okay... so, I never would have noticed this if it wasn't for Steam... so basically, as a bit of a background, I recently bought a few new games from Steam, and downloading them used a ton of data. I only have 500GB available through Mediacom before I get capped. Anyway, I got...
  8. The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?

The CPU load is higher if a large amount of memory is used !?: I am asking this question thinking at Windows search service and other. I get'it, indexing files make them more easy and fast to access, reducing the time needed to find them, implicit the CPU usage, but, if I have a very old computer, it is good to stop this service since I...
  9. wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    wsappx program using excessive amounts of CPU.: Dear Microsoft Support, I have a windows 10 home edition computer that is completely up to date. I attempted to run the Microsoft Store a couple weeks back, and it would not respond in any way. I look up the windows store in the Cortana search window, click on it, and...
  10. Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker Using large amounts of CPU: Hello, i just want to start by saying that i know it may seem like i'm rambling a bit, but i'm very stressed out at the moment. I'm running windows 10 Home 64-bit The process runtimebroker is eating up a lot of cpu for me. I have looked deeply into this problem, but no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos cpu time