Windows 10: Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

Discus and support Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I've been having this issue ever since I got my new laptop (Lenovo L340). In certain apps, namely Steam and Spotify. The two-finger scrolling on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dejoowie, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

So, I've been having this issue ever since I got my new laptop (Lenovo L340). In certain apps, namely Steam and Spotify. The two-finger scrolling on the touchpad gets ridiculously fast. Moving your fingers down by a literal millimeter sends you down to the bottom of almost any page/article. I've tried updating my touchpad drivers, which did nothing. Tries installing Windows Precision drivers, which caused my touchpad to become non responsive, so that's a whole other can of worms. And I tried turning down the scroll sensitivity in Windows itself, which helped somewhat, but caused every other app I use to become a chore to scroll through since it now took half a marathon's worth of scrolling just to get a few centimeters down.

Now I've seen a few people report this as a Steam bug, but me finding it in Spotify as well leads me to think it might be a Windows/touchpad issue. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour and if yes, do you have any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,

-Joe :3

submitted by /u/Dejoowie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dejoowie, Nov 22, 2019

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Touchpad 2 finger scrolling not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you enabled two finger scrolling?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

I suggest you to enable two finger scrolling and check. Please follow the steps below:

1. Press or tap “Windows key + X”, click on "Control Panel." Navigate to "Mouse," under "Hardware and sound".

2. Select the "Touchpad" tab in the "Mouse" window. This tab will also list the touchpad manufacturer.

3. Select "Properties," "Settings," "Advanced".

4. Click the box next to "Enable scrolling" if this option is available.

5. Click the arrow to the right of "Scrolling" to open the scrolling list and select two-finger scrolling to access the specific features.

6. Click to enable for two-finger scrolling feature, then select "Adjust scrolling region" or the similar option, if available.

7. Drag the scrolling region to cover a larger portion of the touchpad if you want to ensure you can scroll easily.

8. Click "Ok" to apply any changes and close the options windows. Keep clicking "Ok" until all of the windows with this option are closed.

9. Restart your computer if prompted. Your scrolling feature should be enabled.

If the issue persists,

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad driver and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall device driver:

• Click Start, type Device Manager in the Start search box and hit ENTER.
    • Locate Keyboard Driver and expand the same.
    • Right-click on touchpad driver and click on Uninstall button to uninstall the driver associated with the device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Also, download and install the latest touchpad drivers from the manufacturer website .

Please refer the article below:

Support für XPS 15Z L511Z | Treiber und Downloads | Dell Deutschland

If driver for Windows 10 is not available then I suggest you
    to install the driver in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below to install the drivers in compatibility with Windows 10.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

Applications (Mostly Steam and Spotify) dont react or do anything when I click on them when they are open and not minimized.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Have you performed a clean boot as suggested previously by
    Devlin Sco? If not, please perform a clean boot and check if the apps (Steam and Spotify) will behave normally. Also, we would like to confirm if there are other apps that behave this way or is the issue happening on Steam and Spotify only.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rolando Vil, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify)

1. Ridiculously fast touchpad scrolling in certain apps. (Steam, Spotify) - Similar Threads - Ridiculously fast touchpad

2. Touchpad not scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not scrolling: Hi,I have a Windows 11 computer. It is the HP Hewlett-Packed Computer.For some reason, my computer's touchpad won't move the cursor sometimes, or it cannot scroll with two fingers.From, SeowoongChang....
  3. Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable touchpad gestures for certain apps: I would like to disable touchpad gestures in this case pause/play, next song, etc. for certain apps. I have recently bought a new laptop Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 and now, gestures apply to more than one app. On my old laptop, this was limited to Spotify, meaning that I could...
  4. Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow

Touchpad scrolls too fast or too slow: On some apps like Edge, my touchpad scrolls too fast. On apps like photo, scrolling is just not fun because it's too slow. When those apps are not focused like clicking on the taskbar to focus on the taskbar, it scrolls normally....
  5. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications: I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower when using Chrome etc. With a mouse it works perfectly well. How do I fix this?...
  6. Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays

Problems scrolling with touchpad only on certain overlays: I've been having this issue with my touch pad for about a month now - or it could have been longer because I generally use a wireless mouse and not the touch pad. It started with me not being able to scroll with two fingers ONLY in the Start Menu. I searched for other...
  7. scrolling on touchpad

scrolling on touchpad: Lost two finger scrolling...settings not available for touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-on-touchpad/63e43673-c34a-4fee-8b9e-27598a5b7712
  8. Touchpad scroll

Touchpad scroll: [IMG]I can’t use the two finger scroll on my laptop I tried many things as going to control panel and device and printers >> mouse and I cannot find device settings tab ! Also i tried the pointers method and didn’t work...
  9. Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast

Microsoft Apps Scrolling Speed Fast: I need some assistance with regards to my scroll speed/sensitivity. When I scroll through my mails, it literally flies up and down, or when using Visio, I have to always connect a mouse to not have any scrolling issues with Visio or Outlook. It is mostly common with...
  10. Entire computer ran ridiculously fast.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Entire computer ran ridiculously fast.: I'm not sure where I should post this exactly. It's not an error nor a recent issue, more of a question out of curiosity. Back when Windows 7 came out I had a room mate who got me into building custom PC's from the ground up. On his particular build he encountered...