Windows 10: Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

Discus and support Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I asked this question before but after going through the answers the problem was not solved. I purchased a refurbished PC which is extremely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbdulFouzi, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

Hello,

I asked this question before but after going through the answers the problem was not solved. I purchased a refurbished PC which is extremely slow when loading web pages, browsing etc. I have reset the PC, updated the network adapter, troubleshooted and nothing has happened. Even if it speeds up it only lasts for half and hour and when I restart the computer the problem reappears. I have scanned the PC with windows defender and it is saying there are no threats. The computer work fine offline, but I cant seem to speed up the internet browsing. Below is a list of functions I have already tried:

1. Open "File Explorer"
    2. Click on "This PC"
    3. Right click on "C:"
    4. Click on "Proprieties"
    5. Click on "Clean-up disk"
    6. Click on "Clean up system files"
    7. Select every option in the list, but not "Download"
    8. Click on "OK"

Then if your hard drive isn't an SSD:

1. Open "File Explorer"
    2. Click on "This PC"
    3. Right click on "C:"
    4. Click on "Proprieties"
    5. Click on "tools"
    6. Click on "Defragment" (or "Optimize")
    7. Click on "C:"
    8. Click on "Defragment Disk"

Once finished, please follow this procedure:

1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar
    2. Right click on "Command Prompt"
    3. Select "Run as Administrator"
    4. Type "sfc /scannow" without quote and press ENTER

Then :

1. Type "cmd" in windows search bar
    2. Right click on "Command Prompt"
    3. Select "Run as Administrator"
    4. Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth" without quote and press ENTER
    5. Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" without quote and press ENTER
    6. Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" without quote and press ENTER

:)

AbdulFouzi, Mar 12, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 12, 2019
  3. MaryD530 Win User
    Slow PC

Is this a joke? I bought a BRAND NEW PC that I've had for 2 days, and I cannot believe how slow it is. I've turned off every unnecessary feature (quite an extensive list, I might add) and still, nothing. This is absolutely ridiculous.

MaryD530, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

Slow Internet only on PC.

Hi,

There are a lot of things that affects the speed and performance of your device. Your PC may become very slow when infected by virus and malware or when device's memory space is almost full. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which Windows version are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Is your device still slow even if it's disconnected from the internet?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have yo done so far to to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the methods recommended by Prabhavathi Patil in this
    thread to boost your device's performance.

Kindly update this thread with the results.

Rey Bel1, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC

1. Ridiculously slow internet only on one PC - Similar Threads - Ridiculously slow internet

2. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet only slow on my pc: Hello, for the past year or so, my pc has had a problem where the wireless internet is very slow compared to my other devices, this only ever occurs on my pc, and I have tried several fixes to get my wireless internet back to a normal speed. is there any concrete fix to my...
  3. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet only slow on my pc: Hello, for the past year or so, my pc has had a problem where the wireless internet is very slow compared to my other devices, this only ever occurs on my pc, and I have tried several fixes to get my wireless internet back to a normal speed. is there any concrete fix to my...
  4. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow Internet only on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet only on PC: Hello,For the past few months, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue. Every time I'm in an online conference or playing online games, I have horrible ping/internet connection as if I'm experiencing packet-loss. Strangely enough, packet-loss testing websites yield no...
  6. Slow Internet only on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet only on PC: Hello,For the past few months, I've been experiencing a frustrating issue. Every time I'm in an online conference or playing online games, I have horrible ping/internet connection as if I'm experiencing packet-loss. Strangely enough, packet-loss testing websites yield no...
  7. Internet Speed slow only on one PC

Internet Speed slow only on one PC: I've noticed that when the new Windows Update released , my internet was acting a bit weird on my Windows 10 Notebook PC,programs like YouTube have huge buffering times to play videos and Steam takes Hours to download 1GB games. i have a 300mb/s Internet connection, and all...
  8. Internet so slow on one PC only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet so slow on one PC only: Please let me know if you need any more info about the PC itself. I've had this machine for a long time and it usually does what I want with no problems. Intel Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHZ Installed Ram: 8GB System Type: 64-bit Windows 10 Home 20H2 Desktop is about 1.5m...
  9. Slow Internet on one comp;uter only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Internet on one comp;uter only: Have Xfinity 200mps internet. Computers use WiFi. My PC, listed below, only gets approx 45mps. Other laptops 2 get approx 190-200. Tried multiple browsers. Assumed it is connected with slowing down of my PC operations. Performed the following: HP Pavilion 400-434 8GB...
  10. Slow Internet On PC Only

Slow Internet On PC Only: Hi! I've never posted here before, so please excuse any poor formatting. I have an internet plan with Rogers for Gigabit internet, and it works provably in every area of my house. All of my devices seem to pull hundreds of Mb/s, hindered only by the hardware inside them....