Windows 10: Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

Discus and support Ridiculously slow transfer speeds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lequarius, May 13, 2019.

1. Lequarius Win User

Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me.
    I am not sure how to tell if it's the Ryzen chip, motherboard, or controller etc. My computer guy moved away, so I am hoping someone here can offer some advice on how to proceed.

This happens with all three discs on my system.

I only consider myself a low to mid level tech type, so please keep that in mind.

System Specs

MSI B350 Tomahawk
    Ryzen 5 2400G OC'd @ 4GHz
    Patriot Viper Elite 2800 2X8GB OC'd @ 3200
    Crucial CTX500 SSD in SATA3_1
    Samsung 961 Polaris 128GB M2 in M2_1
    Firecuda 2TB 2.5" in SATA3_2
    Gigabyte GTX 750TIOC 1GB @ 1.1GHz in 16x
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have set the optimize drive service to automatic in windows, and that help bring the low speed average up on the SSD's (No change on low end for the Firecuda) but I would still expect at least around 200MB/s out the SSD's on a SATA lane. This is not the case.

I would like to clarify that the base system (board, ram, polaris (for OS only)) with the OC was tested by my computer guy, when built, and found to be rock solid over a 48 hour test, and the Radeon graphics are disabled in the BIOS. This system is babied being used in a cool room with air filtration (I know a little excessive, but just as much for me as the system. LOL)

RAM Usage is at 20-27% (CPUID HWMonitor)
    CPU Usage max was 73%max on CPU#7
    the rest were anywhere from 3 or 4% to
    around 45-60% (CPUID HWMonitor)

I have tried to to provide as much info as I can think of, but again, just learning. So, if there is any further info needed, I will do my best to get it posted asap (I have an insanely hectic schedule, so might be up to a day or two to reply). Please be patient. I WILL answer back.

Again thank you in advance.

JB

:)

Lequarius, May 13, 2019

2. Slow data transfer speed.

Hi,

One of the possible reason that this issue occurs is due to the driver compatibility after Windows upgrade. For us to isolate the issue, we’ll need the following details:

• What type of data transfer speed are you referring to? Is it internet connection speed or file transfer speed?
    • If you are referring to file transfer speed, are you using USB drive or Bluetooth to process file transfer? or,
    • If you are referring to internet connection speed, are you using Ethernet cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you tell us any troubleshooting you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Efraim Gar, May 13, 2019
  3. Slow write speed of transfer

My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although
    I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!

Shady Abd El-Hady, May 13, 2019
  4. Dia01 Win User

Vista Network Transfer Verrrry Slow!

Anyone know if there's a hotfix or a work around to improve transfer speeds. I'm trying to move about 260Mb of music file to my public music folder so I can transfer them to my HTPC via the network. During this process the OS locks up really badly and the transfer speeds are just ridiculously slow, something is wrong!

Dia01, May 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds - Similar Threads - Ridiculously slow transfer

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. USB transfer speed has slowed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB transfer speed has slowed: When I bought my new laptop, my 2.0 USB connected to the 3.0 port would give around 35MB/s speed but after a few months I plugged in a USB and started transferring 2GB mp4 file to USB but now my transfer speed of 2.0 USB connected to 3.0 port is at 3 MB/s.Need help Thanks in...
  4. LAN transfer speed slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN transfer speed slow: I'm copying large amount of files from another PC, about 40gb, but the speed is quite slow, about 25-30 MB/s despite I have a Gigabit router. So far I've tried disabling LSO on one PC, the other PC don't have that options. Also I disabled global autotuning on both PC. Then...
  5. Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Write Transfer Speeds: Hello All, Not sure if this is the place for this or not. I recently upgraded from Windows Home Server 2011 to Windows 10 Pro due to whs being limited to 8gb of RAM and causing some other issues. I am seeing EXTREMELY slow transfer speeds across my network since my upgrade...
  6. Slow data transfer speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow data transfer speed: I bought HP-15dk0045tx recently with 8 gb ram. Afer two months i have data transfer speed issue. My pc transfers data to USB at less than 2 mbp. i have tried at 3.0 port but nothing changed. But same USB transfers data at good speed in other laptop. I m really worried...
  7. Slow USB 3.0 transfer speed

Slow USB 3.0 transfer speed: Hi, I recently bought a Seagate 5TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch hard drive. I have a few other drives of the same make and type. I'm trying to transfer 2TB worth of data between the hard drives. The 2 hard drives are connected to a USB 3.0 Hub. When transferring...
  8. Ridiculously slow transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Ridiculously slow transfer speeds: I have been having an issue with file transfers starting at 300MB/s then tapering down to around 20-30MB/s (as low as 6MB/s on the Firecuda) This is based on a 26.4 GB folder of Karaoke files (CDG & MP3 only). This seems ridiculously slow to me. I am not sure how to tell if...
  9. Ridiculously slow/failed file transfers in Windows 10

Ridiculously slow/failed file transfers in Windows 10: I have had sever problems transferring files to my new Windows 10 laptop, something that appears to be happening to thousands of users. After days of troubleshooting, it appears that Windows gets stuck "calculating" the estimated transfer time or transfers at ridiculously...
  10. Slow write speed of transfer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow write speed of transfer: My dell 7577 core I7 1050ti model has a slow transfer speed. I transferred a 5 gigabyte file to an external USB 3.1 Kingston DT50 and I got write speed of 8 MB/s. and the read speed was capped at 21 MB/s although I used to get at least 80 MB/s read speed. Please help!...