Windows 10: right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer

Discus and support right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; left alt + arrow keys work correctly for going back and forward in file explorer but with the right alt arrow key, it doesn't. Is there any work to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ParagKatoch, Oct 28, 2020.

1. right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer

left alt + arrow keys work correctly for going back and forward in file explorer but with the right alt arrow key, it doesn't. Is there any work to make it working??

:)

ParagKatoch, Oct 28, 2020

2. alt+left arrow key not working on windows explorer also on any browser

Alt+left arrow key(also alt+right arrow) not working on windows explorer and on any browser to go back to previous page. After reinstalling Windows 10 I am facing this problem.

Please help.

BINOYGHOSH, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Right Alt Key working as Clt+Alt Keys

I have windows 10 on my laptop. The problem comes after Intel graphics diver is installed in the system. When the hot keys given in graphics option is enabled, any of alt+arrow work as clt+alt+arrow key, i.e., as a hot key and rotates my screen even when
    I am not pressing Clt. The default clt+alt+arrow key works as it should be (rotating the screen). But whenever I press Alt+arrow key screen rotates instead of going back or forward or up or skip 10s while watching a video in VLC player.

When I disable hot keys, alt+arrow key completely stops working while rest of the shortcut key works. I also tried uninstalling Intel graphics driver but then also it doesn't work and alt+arrow keys do nothing while other shortcut key works.

Edit: All this is happening only with Right Alt key only. But this does not seem to a hardware problem as I had enabled locate pointer when Clt is pressed and when I press R-Alt key alone
    it doesn't show a circle around the pointer. Also, I tested my R-alt on Ubuntu 16.04 where it's working completely fine.

AbhinavKumar4, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Julie Ram Win User

right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow Key hotkey not working

Hi,

Keyboard features in Windows can make navigation, tasks, and functions quicker and easier. To provide you the appropriate resolution on how to make keyboard shortcuts working on your HP Pavilion, we would like to know more information. Kindly answer the
    questions below:

• Which version and OS build of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press
      Windows key, type winver then, press Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • When you press "Ctrl + Alt + Arrow key", what is your desired result?

Looking forward to your response for further assistance.

Julie Ram, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer

1. right alt+arrow keys does not work in windows 10 file explorer - Similar Threads - right alt+arrow keys

2. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  3. Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Arrow does not work on File Explorer after Alt+Tab on Windows 11: This issue is not seen on Windows 10. but found on Windows 11, File Explorer did not jump to upper level folder when I press Alt+Arrow after swiching back via Alt+Tab.I use Ctrl + L to "sellect all" the current folder path, press Ctrl+C to copy it and I DO NOT PRESS ANY KEY...
  4. Right arrow key on keyboard enters ALT and DELETE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right arrow key on keyboard enters ALT and DELETE: When I press the Right arrow key on my laptop keyboard it acts as the ALT and DELETE keys, as verified with the on screen keyboard. Can anyone please help me resolve this? this happened after upgrading to windows 11...
  5. Right arrow key on keyboard enters ALT and DELETE

Right arrow key on keyboard enters ALT and DELETE: When I press the Right arrow key on my laptop keyboard it acts as the ALT and DELETE keys, as verified with the on screen keyboard. Can anyone please help me resolve this? this happened after upgrading to windows 11...
  6. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  7. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  8. Windows 11 - Right arrow key acting like Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Right arrow key acting like Alt: Hello,I just received a new laptop and since booting it my right arrow key is acting as the Alt key tested via the onscreen keyboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver and the behavior persists. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!...
  9. Windows 11 - Right arrow key acting like Alt

Windows 11 - Right arrow key acting like Alt: Hello,I just received a new laptop and since booting it my right arrow key is acting as the Alt key tested via the onscreen keyboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver and the behavior persists. Any idea on how to fix this? Thanks!...
  10. Right arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right arrow key not working: When pressing the right arrow key (even the one in the number pad), it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. It isn't a hardware issue as the key works when pressing it down with Control, shift or function. It also works when entering the BIOS, it even registers as "right" when...