Windows 10: Right alt key also presses right control key

Discus and support Right alt key also presses right control key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KuroNinji, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Right alt key also presses right control key

I've been using the altgr key as toggle mute for discord as it outputs right alt, and I've got my right ctrl set to toggle deafen. Now, altgr outputs both right alt and ctrl, meaning I have to rebind my toggle mute to something else.

Is there any way to revert(?) or fix this issue? I'm sure it isnt a keyboard issue as the peripheral works fine when plugged into a separate machine.

submitted by /u/KuroNinji
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KuroNinji, Feb 10, 2020
  2. kairali Win User

right alt key not working

right alt key not working in java program, what i do?

kairali, Feb 10, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Right alt key also presses right control key

Windows 10: Right Alt Key working as Clt+Alt Keys

I have windows 10 on my laptop. The problem comes after Intel graphics diver is installed in the system. When the hot keys given in graphics option is enabled, any of alt+arrow work as clt+alt+arrow key, i.e., as a hot key and rotates my screen even when
    I am not pressing Clt. The default clt+alt+arrow key works as it should be (rotating the screen). But whenever I press Alt+arrow key screen rotates instead of going back or forward or up or skip 10s while watching a video in VLC player.

When I disable hot keys, alt+arrow key completely stops working while rest of the shortcut key works. I also tried uninstalling Intel graphics driver but then also it doesn't work and alt+arrow keys do nothing while other shortcut key works.

Edit: All this is happening only with Right Alt key only. But this does not seem to a hardware problem as I had enabled locate pointer when Clt is pressed and when I press R-Alt key alone
    it doesn't show a circle around the pointer. Also, I tested my R-alt on Ubuntu 16.04 where it's working completely fine.

AbhinavKumar4, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Right alt key also presses right control key

1. Right alt key also presses right control key - Similar Threads - Right alt key

2. Right alt key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right alt key problem: Whenever I use right alt + either left or right arrow to go back or forward a webpage, instead the screen flips right or left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-alt-key-problem/3041f3d8-be1c-46be-b6bd-371a3ac14d19
  3. Right alt key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right alt key problem: Whenever I use right alt + either left or right arrow to go back or forward a webpage, instead the screen flips right or left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-alt-key-problem/3041f3d8-be1c-46be-b6bd-371a3ac14d19
  4. Accents and Ñ with right alt key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accents and Ñ with right alt key: hi, i use to have a surface pro 4 with windows 10 and i always could type accent by typing right alt + o for ó and the same for á, é, í, and ú. and alt + n for ñ.Now i bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 and it doesn't work that way, i always have to change keyboards and...
  5. Accents and Ñ with right alt key

Accents and Ñ with right alt key: hi, i use to have a surface pro 4 with windows 10 and i always could type accent by typing right alt + o for ó and the same for á, é, í, and ú. and alt + n for ñ.Now i bought a surface pro 9 with windows 11 and it doesn't work that way, i always have to change keyboards and...
  6. right control key acting wierd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right control key acting wierd: In the past few days my keyboard have been acting strange. My "5" key on the numpad doesn't work but it keeps inputting "5". After i use the keyboard tester, it turns out that when i press right ctrl, it will input as if i'm holding down "5" and pressing left ctrl stops the...
  7. right control key acting wierd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right control key acting wierd: In the past few days my keyboard have been acting strange. My "5" key on the numpad doesn't work but it keeps inputting "5". After i use the keyboard tester, it turns out that when i press right ctrl, it will input as if i'm holding down "5" and pressing left ctrl stops the...
  8. right control key acting wierd

9. When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i press the right alt key on my keyboard the left control gets registered pressed?: So some days ago i pressed some kind of keybind that made my keyboard typ "zxcv" when i pressed L and i couldn't figure out what was wrong so i flipped my keyboard around so it pressed all the buttons on my keyboard a few times and then the alt key got messed up so it presses...
  10. Right Alt = Right Alt + Right Control

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Alt = Right Alt + Right Control: When i press the Right Alt key it send Right Alt + Right Control for some reason, no macros have been made or anything, its beginning to annoy me now, does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/King250515 [link] [comments]...