Windows 10: Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

Discus and support Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My system is not detecting the "Right Arrow" key pressed. I have tried 2 different keyboards (one of them brand new), and even the on-screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas De Angelis, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

Hello,

My system is not detecting the "Right Arrow" key pressed. I have tried 2 different keyboards (one of them brand new), and even the on-screen virtual keyboard of Windows: the input is just not computed by the system: all the times Right Arrow is pressed (on any keyboard be it virtual or physical), just nothing happens.

I have even tried rebinding the Right Arrow to a different key (Numpad 3) with a key rebind program, but also this did not work as the system still refuses to compute the Right Arrow input.

I already also:

- Used the Hardware Troubleshooter to detect problems: no problems were detected.

- Uninstalled the keyboard driver from Device Manager and rebooted to install them again, also this did not work.

Honestly right now i'm out of options and don't know how to solve this problem, I tried everything i know, and need Right Arrow to use some programs.

Thanks for any answer.

:)

Thomas De Angelis, Nov 9, 2018

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

Right arrow Key broken - Trying to remap

Dear Community,

A week or 2 ago my right arrow broke and its really frustrating. Therefor as a solution i tried remapping the arrow key to the ² symbol that i barely use. I used Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 but i cant seem to get the right unicode for it so then
    i tried sharpkeys and there it doesn't work at all. Anyone has any suggestions on how i could remap this arrow key or if im just doomed to getting the keyboard replaced because of it?

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume Mille

GuillaumeMille, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard.

1. Right Arrow Key input not working on both physical and on/screen keyboard. - Similar Threads - Right Arrow Key

2. Down arrow button not working on both on-screen keyboard and physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Down arrow button not working on both on-screen keyboard and physical keyboard: Hi. I'm using an Asus A442UR notebook. 3 days ago, suddenly my down arrow won't work on the keyboard. I thought it's due to dust, but upon cleaning it , it still not workingI then try to use on-screen keyboard but still it's not workingExternal keyboard also show same...
  3. Down arrow button not working on both on-screen keyboard and physical keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Down arrow button not working on both on-screen keyboard and physical keyboard: Hi. I'm using an Asus A442UR notebook. 3 days ago, suddenly my down arrow won't work on the keyboard. I thought it's due to dust, but upon cleaning it , it still not workingI then try to use on-screen keyboard but still it's not workingExternal keyboard also show same...
  4. Down arrow button not working on both on-screen keyboard and physical keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF-57G Laptop on Windows 10. I am currently facing issues with it's keyboard which is acting erratically Both on screen and physical. Sometimes the keys work when I hold down Ctrl sometimes they don't. Physically pressing the keys does not input...
  6. Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes: I am using an Acer Swift 3 SF-57G Laptop on Windows 10. I am currently facing issues with it's keyboard which is acting erratically Both on screen and physical. Sometimes the keys work when I hold down Ctrl sometimes they don't. Physically pressing the keys does not input...
  7. Both on screen and physical keyboard don't work sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  9. KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD

KEY ONLY WORKS WHILE PRESSING SHIFT BOTH PHYSICAL AND ON-SCREEN KEYBOARD: Hello, I am experiencing an issue wHere my "H" key only works while pressing shift. Even the on-screen touch keyboard only inputs H if I first press the shift key. CAPS Lock enables me to type H in lowercase but the shift key must still be held down. Please help I'm a...
  10. Right arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right arrow key not working: When pressing the right arrow key (even the one in the number pad), it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. It isn't a hardware issue as the key works when pressing it down with Control, shift or function. It also works when entering the BIOS, it even registers as "right" when...