Windows 10: Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different...

Discus and support Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently, My PC's arrow keys have been acting up. Whenever the right key is pressed while the cursor is in a line of text, the app that I am on is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ExecutableFiles, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different...

Recently, My PC's arrow keys have been acting up. Whenever the right key is pressed while the cursor is in a line of text, the app that I am on is moved to one half of the screen and all of the other apps that are open are shown to the right. When I have not clicked on editable text, windows start opens up. I have checked through ease of access and some parts of the control panel but I still can't figure it out. What is the problem with it? Will provide more info if anyone needs it.

:)

ExecutableFiles, Jun 20, 2019

2. Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Good morning

My laptop is (Toshiba / Satellite / C55-A-1MW / PSCGJE), which comes with the keyboard (102-key / European layouts / Norwegian language), and (Windows 8.1 / 64-bit).

After i have upgraded to (Windows 10 / Home), the arrow-keys on the right to the touch-pad stopped to function!

Now i dis-activated the (NUM-LOCK), and use the arrows on the numeric keypad: (8 for: Up, 2 for: Down, 4 for: Left, 6 for: Right).

Notes:

1. Now, even when i open BIOS before Windows to startup, the arrows on the numeric keypad is the only available way to move the cursor.

2. These arrow-keys do not function both whether when the (Scroll lock key) is activated or not.

How to make the (Arrow-keys) function? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day ...

Anas Shayah, Jun 20, 2019
  3. KSUthayya Win User
    Arrow Keys not working in MS Office, Scroll Pages & Moving Cursor left and right

Hi,

I've seen quite a few other posts that have the same problem but pressing F7 /+ F4 and/or Scroll Lock (with Fn also) doesn't solve the problem for me.

I know my arrow keys work because when I press Fn + the Arrow Keys OR Win + Arrow keys I do get the desired result (volume/brightness control and splitting my screen). However, I just cannot move from one cell to another on Excel and I cannot move my cursor
    left and right while typing. Neither do webpages scroll anymore.

All was working until an hour ago and it just randomly stopped working.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

KSUthayya, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different...

Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Hi Dennis, good evening

Thank you very much for your interest to help.

1. I have checked the (Scroll-Lock) toggle key:

Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard: On-Screen keyboard is set to On.

Wether this toggle key is On or Off, the arrow-keys did not function.

2. I have checked the task of the Function-key for my laptop, as per my understanding: i did not find any task that could affect my problem.

3. i have checked the keyboard setting in Windows 10:

The (Settings/Ease of Access/Keyboard) settings is now like this:

# On-Screen Keyboard: Off.

Note: To keep On-Screen Keyboard on the taskbar:

Right-click the taskbar + “Show touch keyboard button”: enabled.

The (Scroll-Lock) toggle key does not appear in this on-Screen keyboard, it is only appear in the on-Screen keyboard that is shown if i make it on according to that way in step no. 1.

# Sticky Key: Off.

# Toggle keys: Hear tone...: On + Turn-on by holdinf NUM-LUCK...: Off.

# Filter Key: Off.

# Other Settings (about Shortcuts): All are: On.

4. i have checked the mouse setting in Windows 10:

The (Settings/Ease of Access/mouse) settings is now: all Off.

Note: the (NUM-LOCK) option has been made off, so the (numeric keypad) will function like this:

¤ NUM-LOCK is on: numbers.

¤ NUM-LOCK is off: arrows (mouse keys).

5. I have checked the task of the BIOS settings for my laptop, as per my understanding: i did not find any task that could affect my problem.

6. I have uninstalled the (Synaptics) application, then re-install the (Synaptics Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1) and the (Synaptics Windows 10 I2C Devices v19.0.19.1) from the company website, and lets all settings as defaults: This also did not
    help.

7. I became really tired and upset of this problem, so i wrote my post here to get help.

For your 2nd question: No, they arrow-keys did not function at all in all cases and applications

What do you suggest?

Have a nice evening ...

Anas Shayah, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different...

1. Right arrow key on keyboard doesn't move the cursor, but rather scrolls through different... - Similar Threads - Right arrow key

2. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  3. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  4. Issue with Ctrl + Right Arrow, moving cursor one word to the right

Issue with Ctrl + Right Arrow, moving cursor one word to the right: Hello,I am encountering a very strange issue where Ctrl + Right arrow shortcut doesn't move my cursor one word to the right like Ctrl + Left arrow shortcut moves my cursor one word to the left. I've noticed this on my other computers aswell, and on my new laptop also. That...
  5. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  6. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  7. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  9. Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arrow Keys scroll through text instead of scrolling smoothly: My cat jumped on my keyboard and ever since then my arrows are refusing to scroll normally. They jump through text box to text box. The text is boxed and that flashing indication for typing appears as if I could edit the text. I tried fixing the scroll lock but saw no...
  10. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...