Windows 10: right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

Discus and support right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred. Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up. I was used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ron Wolpa, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Ron Wolpa Win User

right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ?

After the darn Microsoft update was installed a lot of problems have occurred.
    Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up.
    I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop.
    The Photoshop suddenly vanished from the menu ; the applications shown on the list do not interest me.
    Clicking on "Choose another app " I will find the same list and "Look for an app in the store" does not interest as well as I have Photoshop installed.
    With previous versions like XP and windows 7 I had the option to choose Look for another app on this PC, but not with windows 10. Does anyone know a regedit hack or something else ? Thanks.

*Mad

:)

Ron Wolpa, Jul 30, 2016

2. right click a file : open with > ... how add more applications ?

Hi Ron,

As the issue is occurring after an update, the issue might be caused due to corruption in System Files. I suggest you to follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Run a SFC (System File Checker) scan.

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: Try to open the file/picture from Photoshop and check if it helps in adding the application to the list.

Method 3: Un-install and re-install Photoshop application.

Note: Before uninstalling the application make sure you have taken a backup of the data and have the setup/installation files.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2016
  3. RonWolpa Win User
    right click a file : open with > ... how add more applications ?

After last windows 10 update was installed a lot of problems have occurred.

Every time I boot the system a new annoyance come up.

I was used to right click a .jpg (or some other pictures extensions) and have the option to choose Adobe Photoshop.

The Photoshop suddenly vanished from the menu ; the applications shown on the list do not interest me.

Clicking on "Choose another app " I will find the same list and "Look for an app in the store" does not interest as well as I have Photoshop installed.

With previous versions like XP and windows 7 I had the option to choose Look for another app on this PC, but not with windows 10.

Does anyone know a regedit hack or something else ? Thanks

RonWolpa, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Gort Win User

That's quite odd. I replied to a post asking something similar, but about portable apps. Here is the post. See if you can find what you want by following what I wrote. You should see below the "Look for an app in the store" something that says "More apps" which has a downward arrow beside it. Click on that and you'll find some more app suggestions; hopefully the one you want. If not, you can even find the executable using a file chooser.

5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, if you mean you used to have a specific context menu entry like 'Open with Photoshop' and that has disappeared, you might check to see if in Photoshop Options or Settings or similar (I don't use the program) there is an option to enable or disable the context menu entry.

Another way to set defaults is via the original Control panel (E.g. Windows key + X, click Control panel), Default programs, where you can set associations for extensions etc.

dalchina, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Ron Wolpa Win User
    You don´t imagine how many people are fed up with Microsoft after the mess the update made.
    I´ve already managed to repair this issue , thank you very much for your post.

Ron Wolpa, Jul 30, 2016
  7. robichris Win User
    I have a similar concern. Although I can associate files with different apps, when I use file explorer to look at my photos, the right click menu offers, amongst other things, "edit" which opens Paint. Is it possible to change that default to my PaintShop Pro - or remove the "edit" link from that menu. I am able to "Open with" PaintShop Pro for editing but just continually make the mistake of saying "edit"!

robichris, Jul 31, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

right click a file : open with > ...  how add my applications ? [​IMG]

For example, that program (ShellMenuView) will allow you to disable the Paint context menu entry.

If you can't add it any other way, a 3rd party prog will allow you to add one for Photoshop-
    e.g.

right click a file : open with > ...  how add my applications ? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jul 31, 2016
  9. Edwin New Member
    (1080p is best!)

[youtube]JflF_ub9EwA[/youtube]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. right click a file : open with > ... how add my applications ? - Similar Threads - right click file

2. How to add app to right-click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add app to right-click menu: I have Photoshop 2020 on my computer. But it does not appear in the Right Click Menu for any kind of app. I did the following: In RegEdit, I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell. I added a new entry for Shell: Photoshop. Created a new subfolder there called...
  3. Right clicking on an application freezes

Right clicking on an application freezes: When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my computer or the explorer. If it's in the file explorer, it just freezes with the circle and I have to close it from the taskbar...
  4. Right-Click to Add to Registry

Right-Click to Add to Registry: Ok, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a right-click menu option to add a program to the registry. Specifically, I want to add it to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I have installed FileMenu Tools to help me with this. I also know I can go to...
  5. How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10

How to add Edit to html files right click in Windows 10: I am trying to make Notepad++ default html editor. When I right click on a local html file I mean, a file in my documents, not on the web, there is no option "Edit" at all, only Open. I tried running Notepad++ as administrator, Setting>Preferences>File association, and...
  6. Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add an open with option when right clicking a pdf or other file: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  7. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  8. How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??

How do I rename an Application on the Right Click "Open With"??: I have Excel 2019 64 Bit and Excel 2010 32 Bit installed on my Acer Laptop. I wish to be able to right click on an Excel File and have it open with either Excel 2019 64 Bit or Excel 2010 32 Bit, depending on which I select. My issue is that BOTH Options are Named Excel...
  9. Add NirSoft Advanced Run to Right Click Context Menu to open file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add NirSoft Advanced Run to Right Click Context Menu to open file: How would I create a registry entry to add NirSoft Advanced Run to, when right click on any file, to execute? Is the reg file text below correct? Thanks! https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/advanced_run.html Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00...
  10. How to add any application to right-click menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add any application to right-click menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]By editing the Windows Registry, you can add Open with for any application to the Windows desktop right-click context menu in Windows 10. This can be quite useful if you use any program frequently. Let us see how to do [...] This post How to add any...