Windows 10: Right click a file to send to email

Discus and support Right click a file to send to email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email. Now since using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, May 26, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Right click a file to send to email

When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email.
    Now since using the windows 10 mail app,The option is still there right click and send to an email but it don't work on this new mail app.
    On using the WLM everything was okay.Do you think that this will be available as the mail app develops ??.
    I know that there are other options to achieve the document to the email yes But it was so simple with the WLM.
    What are your thoughts on this??.
    Many thanks David.

:)

2. Right click on a file to send it as an attachment on the mail app.

A while back when I used Outlook it was very easy to send a mail with an attachment. You could be in the file, right click it and send it to a MAIL RECIPIENT. This would open Outlook program and that was it. In fact, this still works in Windows 10 Anniversary
    update. However I no longer use Outlook. I use the Windows Mail App which a find a lot friendlier.

Is there a way to use the same procedure but to use the Mail App to send the email? Or is there another way to to this? I just want to right click a file and send it as an attachment using the Mail App. Maybe there's a third party software that can help.

Thanks

Fernando Arana, May 26, 2016
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Right click on a file to send it as an attachment on the mail app.

Hi Fernando,

The ability to email a file from Windows Explorer relies on MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface), which is something that the Windows Mail app doesn't currently support.

Please be informed that the Windows mail app is not an email client and does not accept the "send to mail recipient" or other such functions. MAPI support is responsible for the mail:to function in Windows.

Further if some features or options are not available due to design then you may want to leave a feedback on the
    Feedback App. Type Feedback on Search bar and go to Feedback app
    and provide your input.

Get back to us if you need more information on your query.

Darshan J, May 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 26, 2016
  5. menu Win User
    Yes that's exactly what I meant.Well never mind it aint a big issue anyway.Maybe something will come up in future updates.

Many thanks for replying to me.Much appreciated.David.

menu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click a file to send to email - Similar Threads - Right click file

2. Right click for send to USB drive and Select & Drag file as attachment on email is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click for send to USB drive and Select & Drag file as attachment on email is not...: I have facing 02 problems till now1. Select the file or folder > Right Mouse Click > Send Option to USB Drive is not available. 2. Select file and drag to attachment in Email or browser to button taskbar is not available these 02 options save my time a lot...
  3. Right click for send to USB drive and Select & Drag file as attachment on email is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click for send to USB drive and Select & Drag file as attachment on email is not...: I have facing 02 problems till now1. Select the file or folder > Right Mouse Click > Send Option to USB Drive is not available. 2. Select file and drag to attachment in Email or browser to button taskbar is not available these 02 options save my time a lot...
  4. Can't Right click file and Send via my default email app: "There is no email program...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Right click file and Send via my default email app: "There is no email program...: I send files a lot via email by right clicking a file and choosing "Send to --> Mail recipient" However, recently when I do this it gives the pop up "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already...
  5. Can't Right click file and Send via my default email app: "There is no email program...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Right click file and Send via my default email app: "There is no email program...: I send files a lot via email by right clicking a file and choosing "Send to --> Mail recipient" However, recently when I do this it gives the pop up "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already...
  6. Can't Right click file and Send via my default email app: "There is no email program...

7. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  8. Right click send to menu

Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  9. Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account: I added a shortcut via the shell:sendto folder that basically allows me to quickly email a scanned PDF to the fire service where I do consulting work. I have it set up to properly send it to the person I need, the person who needs to be CC'd, and also the subject line and...
  10. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click pdf to email

2. right click file and send to email

3. how to right click a file and email the file

4. I cant right click on files and send to email