Windows 10: Right click a file to send to email

Discus and support Right click a file to send to email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email. Now since using... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, May 26, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Right click a file to send to email

When I was using WLM I could select a word document or an image by right clicking the mouse and send to various places as to an email.
    Now since using the windows 10 mail app,The option is still there right click and send to an email but it don't work on this new mail app.
    On using the WLM everything was okay.Do you think that this will be available as the mail app develops ??.
    I know that there are other options to achieve the document to the email yes But it was so simple with the WLM.
    What are your thoughts on this??.
    Many thanks David.

:)

2. Right click on a file to send it as an attachment on the mail app.

A while back when I used Outlook it was very easy to send a mail with an attachment. You could be in the file, right click it and send it to a MAIL RECIPIENT. This would open Outlook program and that was it. In fact, this still works in Windows 10 Anniversary
    update. However I no longer use Outlook. I use the Windows Mail App which a find a lot friendlier.

Is there a way to use the same procedure but to use the Mail App to send the email? Or is there another way to to this? I just want to right click a file and send it as an attachment using the Mail App. Maybe there's a third party software that can help.

Thanks

Fernando Arana, May 26, 2016
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Right click on a file to send it as an attachment on the mail app.

Hi Fernando,

The ability to email a file from Windows Explorer relies on MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface), which is something that the Windows Mail app doesn't currently support.

Please be informed that the Windows mail app is not an email client and does not accept the "send to mail recipient" or other such functions. MAPI support is responsible for the mail:to function in Windows.

Further if some features or options are not available due to design then you may want to leave a feedback on the
    Feedback App. Type Feedback on Search bar and go to Feedback app
    and provide your input.

Get back to us if you need more information on your query.

Darshan J, May 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 26, 2016
  5. menu Win User
    Yes that's exactly what I meant.Well never mind it aint a big issue anyway.Maybe something will come up in future updates.

Many thanks for replying to me.Much appreciated.David.

menu, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click a file to send to email - Similar Threads - Right click file

2. right click send or pin to start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send or pin to start menu: Hi I have tried pretty much every tip about restoring this to the right click options. It just does not work. Even did the reg edit, new word, etc, etc Any ideas Thanks folks Frank 136311
  3. Scan to email and right-click send to option for email not working since 3/1/2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scan to email and right-click send to option for email not working since 3/1/2019 update: System updated on 3/1/2019 and since then, scan to email doesn't work and if I right-click on a document and click send to...it doesn't open an email with the attached document. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird. I have tried deleting the update, and using a earlier recovery...
  4. right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click to rename files sends the screen blank for several seconds: I have followed one answer to this problem which was to use msconfig and disable all non microsoft services then restart the computer but i still have the same problem. The right click menu will not appear the computer screen freezes then goes blank and it takes several...
  5. Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account

in Browsers and Email
    Right Click "Send To" Command From Specific Email Account: I added a shortcut via the shell:sendto folder that basically allows me to quickly email a scanned PDF to the fire service where I do consulting work. I have it set up to properly send it to the person I need, the person who needs to be CC'd, and also the subject line and...
  6. Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to

in Browsers and Email
    Pictures will not attach to Outlook 2010 with a right click send to: I used to be able to go to my picture folder and right click a picture and choose SEND TO by email. Now a window pops up with a picture sizing option, and when I go thru that, it appears to be doing something, but Outlook does not open. How do I resolve this issue? 100712
  7. Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure

in Browsers and Email
    Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure: [img] Using Windows Essentials - Windows Live Mail. So, only when sending an image does this happen, or at least, so far, there might be other file types, but I'm not sending those to email recipients, just generally it's images, documents, and text files. So...
  8. sending email

in Browsers and Email
    sending email: It takes 20+ seconds for my email to leave desktop. For comparison with Ubuntu it takes a split second. Fresh win 10 install. Tks 32892
  9. How Do I Enable Right-click of File to Send through Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Enable Right-click of File to Send through Bluetooth?: I want to be able to right click on a file with the context menu popping up giving me the option of sending that file through bluetooth. How do I do that? 104549
  10. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I cant right click on files and send to email