Windows 10: Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

Discus and support Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by J-R0, Feb 1, 2021.

1. J-R0 Win User

Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

I have a Surface Pro 7 which is about 3 months old along with an Arc Touch mouse purchased at the same time. I have been experiencing an intermittent, strange problem that starts and stops on its own.

Right-clicking either the mouse or the touchpad acts like a left click. Meaning, for example, that I cannot highlight text and then use right click to get the context menu to copy the text.

I have searched Bing and Google and all I get are results for the OPPOSITE problem...a left click acting like a right click.

This happens with both the mouse and the touchpad so I know it is not a simple setting tweak, and it seems to start and resolve itself seemingly without rhyme or reason.

Would be grateful for any ideas, input, and any help on this.

:)

J-R0, Feb 1, 2021

2. Mouse left-click is acting like a right-click.

My mouse has recently acting weird. Whenever I left-clicked the mouse, acts like a right-click however my right-click is still good. Therefore, both buttons are acting like right-clicks. Sometimes, it goes off by just leaving it a few minutes but then
    the issue returns if you used it after a few seconds. Since I'm using a laptop, both the external mouse and the touch pad had this issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse drivers but did not work. Please send a help. Thank you.

SherwinJalandoni, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

Mouse left click acting like a right click

Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still
    persists. What can I do to fix this problem.

This mouse is built into the laptop itself, it is not something that I can just remove and reinstall.

Matthew O'Rourke, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse

1. Right click acts like left click - both with touchpad and mouse - Similar Threads - Right click acts

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  5. Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse click intermittently acts like right click in Win 11: I’ve noticed a problem on two separate Windows 11 devices - one for work and one for home. A significant percentage of the time - probably between 10 and 20%, when I click the left mouse button, the right click menu appears. It is not an issue with the settings being...
  6. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  7. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  8. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  10. Mouse left click acting like a right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...