Windows 10: Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903

Discus and support Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Right clicking on folders, text files, zip files, etc takes way longer than it should to bring up the context menu. Right clicking on the recycle bin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sketchy277, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903

Right clicking on folders, text files, zip files, etc takes way longer than it should to bring up the context menu. Right clicking on the recycle bin or docx files for some reason are instant, as they should be. The Nvidia Control Panel takes several minutes to open after clicking it. It used to only take a few seconds.

All of this started happening after updating to 1903. I updated to 1903 a few months back originally, but decided to roll back to 1809 due to these same issues (rolling back immediately fixed the issues). I updated once again today so that I could play Gears 5 (which for some reason doesn't work on 1809), but the same issues persist.

I have tried the following solutions to no avail:

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-slow-right-click-context-menu-in-windows-10/

https://www.intowindows.com/fix-slow-desktop-right-click-in-windows-10/

Please help. I'd rather not have to roll back again.

:)

Sketchy277, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Suman_B Win User

Windows 10 version 1903 Nvidia Control Panel issues.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that nvidia Control Panel is not accepting desktop color settings correctly, In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some
    information.

1. What is the Make and the Model of the computer?
    2. May I know the Model of the nvidia Graphic card?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Change the output dynamic range to full.

1. Open nvidia control panel.
    2. Click on Display.
    3. Select Change resolution.
    4. Output dynamic range
    5. Set this value to Full.

Method 2: Update nvidia Graphic driver.

Suggest you to update the nvidia Graphic driver from the

nvidia website
    and check if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Ralf_G Win User
    Nvidia Control Panel - Disappeared after Windows 10 Version 1703 update

Open Windows Control Panel and then open the NVidia Control Panel by double clicking its icon. In the top menu of NVidia Control Panel there is a heading called "Desktop" with two switches, one to enable the Desktop context menu (ie right click for Nvidia
    control panel) and the other switch to put an NVidia icon in your Notification tray.

Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903 1b42f63a-0966-4bfe-b7bf-4b9426a09598.jpg

Note that if you are using MS update video drivers there probably won't be an NVidia control panel installed with it. You'd need to download and install the appropriate drivers from NVidia, or your computer manufacturer if they supply Windows 10 drivers
    for the video card.

Ralf_G, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903

command prompt(admin) and comman prompt,and control panel are missing in the context menu

in the context menu when right clicking start comman prompt and command prompt (admin) and control panel are missing in the list how to get it back?

HectorEdenburg, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903

1. Right-click context menu and Nvidia Control Panel very slow to open since updating to 1903 - Similar Threads - Right click context

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Nvidia Control Panel not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Control Panel not opening: I can not access Nvidia Control Panel when I clicked it it does no function.What could be the problem.My driver date is 20/10/2021 and 30.0.14.9649 version.Any solutions ?...
  5. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  6. Desktop right click long delay, no Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop right click long delay, no Nvidia control panel: Windows 10 Nvidia Driver version 460.89 for the GeForce GTX 1060 Intel Core I7-8750H 16 GB ram MSI laptop Everything was working fine but I routinely do system restores every 2 years for my SSD health and file cleanup. I recently did system restore on my C drive. I have...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. Context Menu Very, Very Slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Context Menu Very, Very Slow: so i just did an in-place upgrade that resolved pretty much all of the issues i was having, but unfortunately the context menu is now extremely slow. let me rephrase that, it's lightning quick when on the desktop or certain files (.dll for example), in fact it couldn't be...
  9. After 1903 update Nvidia control panel doesn't open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 1903 update Nvidia control panel doesn't open: I can enable both monitors from Win10 display settings but Nvidia control panel no longer opens. submitted by /u/DennisJM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dv0mv6/after_1903_update_nvidia_control_panel_doesnt_open/
  10. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...