Windows 10: Right click context menu for explorer

Discus and support Right click context menu for explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Right click context menu for explorer

Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried
    Right click context menu for explorer [​IMG]
    Right Click Enhancer Professional

thought that would do it, but still not happening...maybe someone could help me please

Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Mar 3, 2017

2. Explorer crashes with right click->New context menu

I noticed it just after the most recent windows update. Restored to before that and no change.

CalebClever, Mar 3, 2017
  3. Explorer crashes with right click->New context menu

Hey Caleb, sorry I got that wrong. It's just shellnew without the : in it. There's

dozens of other shell: commands like these
    that use the colon in the middle, but this one oddly does not.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Right click context menu for explorer

This perhaps?

Presumably you've tried the obvious- reinstalling vlc player.

dalchina, Mar 3, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Set VLC as default and you'll get the context menu entry.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2017
  6. Hello
    Thanks, yes tried reinstalling VLC, will download the program you mentioned....
    Just found by chance that Ccleaner now has a context menu facility to delete or disable them found VLC listed for folders, but was disabled....so just re-enabled it...now ok.....strange huh !!!!

reddwarf4ever, Mar 3, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    Ah.. the 'obvious' option..

dalchina, Mar 3, 2017
  8. Right click context menu for explorer

Wish it had been obvious to me several days ago...oh well

reddwarf4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Right click context menu for explorer

1. Right click context menu for explorer - Similar Threads - Right click context

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  5. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  6. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  7. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click: Good evening, After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is not being highlighted on my external monitors It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that...
  8. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  9. Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer)

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Explorer right click context menu slow (not just explorer): Hi, so one thing i can't seem to solve is that right clicking on explorer or most other applications (i think) is slow on windows 10. I have used this before: 7+ Taskbar Tweaker - RaMMicHaeL's Blog And this solves that completely, it's instant. Problem is, some applications...
  10. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...