Windows 10: Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

Discus and support Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MartinWalker6, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if yes click on the same. Then on the right pane you would see a Key by name Default, check if the value of the same under Data is set as {D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}.If not Right click on ContextMenuHandlers and choose New > Key.Right click on New key

:)

MartinWalker6, Sep 19, 2021

2. Customize File Explorer context menu?

ShellMenuView is a small utility that displays the list of static menu items that appeared in the context menu when you right-click a file/folder on Windows Explorer, and allows you to easily disable unwanted menu items.

ShellMenuView: Disable / enable context menu items of Explorer

FreeBooter, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing :(

ArmoredCavalry, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

Right click context menu for explorer

Hello
    Thanks, yes tried reinstalling VLC, will download the program you mentioned....
    Just found by chance that Ccleaner now has a context menu facility to delete or disable them found VLC listed for folders, but was disabled....so just re-enabled it...now ok.....strange huh !!!!

Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing [​IMG]

reddwarf4ever, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

1. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing - Similar Threads - Right click context

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut missing from the right-click context menu: Hi,When I right click on my mouse, I do not see add to the "short-cut" option in the context menu, unless I am on the laptop screen itself, in which case it is under "new" option on the context menu. In addition, I want to add "sniping tool" and calculator to the context...
  5. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  6. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.: Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file explore is not showing not responding tag. tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread....
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. "Text File" missing from explorer right click context

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Text File" missing from explorer right click context: When I right click somewhere in explorer or desktop, New Text File is missing. I searched for this problem and it seems like the registry responsible for this is present, so I don't know what is left to do....
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...