Windows 10: Right-click context menu not showing all the options

Discus and support Right-click context menu not showing all the options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TenseRaptor, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

/u/TenseRaptor, Jan 15, 2021

2. change the right click "new" context menu options

How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list
    of totally useless (to me) choices for a new Microsoft word document or data base document or a number of other Microsoft apps that I do not have or use. How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Thank you

dubiousbanks, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

Just found some more 3rd party context menus in ShellExView (coloured pink) at the bottom the listing - disabling these seems to allow right-click to show context menu for all the problem programs

Simon Kravis, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

Right-click in some apps shows then hides context menu

In some applications (Office 2010, Adobe Reader DC) right-clicking on the screen shows a context menu but then usually hides it again. Holding the right button down or double-clicking sometimes makes the menu stay after the button is released, and sometimes the context menu remains visible after a single right-click. In other applications (eg Notepad, Paint) the context menu does not disappear after a single right-button click

I have tried using ShellExView to disable all 3rd party context menus, as has been suggested as a remedy for this problem, but this does not change the behaviour.

Simon Kravis, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Right-click context menu not showing all the options

1. Right-click context menu not showing all the options - Similar Threads - Right click context

2. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  3. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  4. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  5. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  6. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth

in Windows 10 Support
    In Start Menu, no icons, no options in right-click context menu, & oth: Hi, I have Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.973). I am facing a up-to 3 problems for now. [img] 1- In start menu, icons are not there. They have disappeared. 2- In start menu and search, right clicking an app does not display "Run as Admin", and other options in...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...