Windows 10: Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

Discus and support Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vatsal Chauhan, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

Hello

Context menu is working fine in desktop and side panel but, after selecting folder and right clicking it never opens waited around 15 min

file explore is not showing not responding tag.

tried every thing which are mentioned in this thread.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/right-click-not-working-and-file-explorer-takes/e61a229c-16b5-468a-a26d-0a89de97a2c1

Please help me!!!

:)

Vatsal Chauhan, Dec 4, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore. :(

ArmoredCavalry, Dec 4, 2020
  3. heartog Win User
    "Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. (Slow context menu)

About a week ago after i updated windows 10 for the first time in a while i've noticed that occasionally when i right click pictures, documents, etc. in windows explorer to open the context menu, explorer will freeze and ill have the blue spinny loading
    cursor for like 30 seconds. The only stuff i have installed that affects the right click / context menu is 7-zip and winrar. I've already used the registry editor to remove unwanted things from the context menu, but it still causes explorer to hang. Any idea
    whats going on? Is this a problem with windows?

shrekster1000, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore.

1. Right-Click Context menu stuck at loading in File Explore. - Similar Threads - Right Click Context

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  5. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  6. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click

RE: Windows Explorer Context Menu - Right Click: Good evening, After an update this week, the context menu that shows up when I right click on files and directories in Windows Explorer does not show what menu item is not being highlighted on my external monitors It does appear on the laptop itself - though I believe that...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media file context menu explorer stuck