Windows 10: Right Click/copy produces a sound

Discus and support Right Click/copy produces a sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.628. This has just started after a recent update. I don't remember which one. In Excel, Word, Outlook and others,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JJG10, Feb 2, 2020.

1. JJG10 Win User

Right Click/copy produces a sound

Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.628.

This has just started after a recent update. I don't remember which one. In Excel, Word, Outlook and others, whenever I right click on a word or entry and then select Copy I get a short 'chirp' that I find annoying. The copying occurs and I can paste it anywhere I choose.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Feb 2, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Right Click/copy produces a sound :p

cadaveca, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Right Click/copy produces a sound

cant adjust sound using sound icon bottom right of screen. this happened right after updating to windows 10

Hi Char,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what is the make and model of the computer?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Right Click/copy produces a sound

1. Right Click/copy produces a sound - Similar Threads - Right Click copy

2. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  3. Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying Right-Click Context Menus into Word?: Hi!I am trying to write a Tutorial in Word 365 for using the "Easy PC" software to design thermionic radio valve symbols, and I need to copy the right-click Context Menu to illustrate what to select, but whenever press "Print Screen" or click anywhere the Context Menu and...
  4. Right-click on desktop produces 3-4 second red spinner

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click on desktop produces 3-4 second red spinner: This just started today, and has continued all day, even after several reboots: Usually, if I right-click on the desktop, I get a pop-up menu instantly, with about ten items, from View down to Personalize. Today, I'm suddenly getting a noticeable delay when I right-click,...
  5. Right click for copy doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click for copy doesn't work: Not sure why I can't right click for copy anymore!? It has been working all the time and all in a sudden it stopped working. Bought a new mouse and still not working. Please advise....
  6. win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 right clicking taskbar icons produces alarm sound: this just suddenly started out of no where. after an alarm gos off even though its been cleared and reset right clicking any taskbar icon makes the alarm sound. i made a small video showing this Win10 taskbar alarm any ideas on how to fix this? i actually do use the alarms...
  7. Can't right click and drag or copy files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click and drag or copy files: I recently lost the ability to right click and copy files to a separate folder or the desktop. I have tried several of the fixes posted online but with no luck....
  8. Right-CTRL produces a \

Right-CTRL produces a \: Pressing the right CTRL key on an HP Spectre 1000 wireless keyboard produces a \ character. I get the same behavior on two different computers (both Windows 10) and two different Spectre 1000 keyboards. Other keyboards work fine, so it seems to be related to the HP...
  9. Headphones produce no sound

Headphones produce no sound: I got a Genesis Cobalt 300 headphones and I've tried everything(updated realtek drivers, rolled back to many versions,uninstalled them,repaired them etc.) i also had a problem where my headphones would get recognized as speakers but fixed that, now they're marked as Realtek...
  10. Can't copy after highlight & right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't copy after highlight & right click: I have Windows 10 Home and Office Pro 2016. If I want to copy a line or line of numbers like a usps tracking number, I have to highlight and right click it 5-7 times before it will copy. Then I can paste it where ever I want. I have changed my mouse three times and the same...