Windows 10: Right Click Crash Brand New Laptop

Discus and support Right Click Crash Brand New Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've had my Asus X555U laptop less than a month and it's already develpoped these issues. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TD888, Apr 11, 2016.

1. TD888 Win User

Right Click Crash Brand New Laptop

Hello everyone, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've had my Asus X555U laptop less than a month and it's already develpoped these issues. The Right click crash when I click on anything to do with Windows Explorer, it also likes to take 20 minutes to open a folder here and there, usually downloads. I've used ShellExView and disabled all Context Menu shells but there was no change.

In addition to this I've had the "Windows Failed To Connect To a Windows Service" message, which I manually fixed, only to have it pop up again, I'm not sure it's related but thought it worth a mention too.

One last issue it's had, it doesn't seem to like any internet browser, Google Chrome was my usual, but it used to crash and take 30 minutes to open, so I switched to Firefox, which works, unless I try to download something in which case it crashes too. Edge doesn't crash, but wont download anything either, it took me nearly an hour to work around it to get ShellExView...

As you can imagine, brand new laptop it's really frustrating so any help or advice would be appreciated.

It's running Windows 10 with an i7-6500U processor and 12GB ram, 2TB hard drive and I'm about all out of ideas.

Thanks,

:)

TD888, Apr 11, 2016

2. File Explorer keeps crashing

brand new laptop. Transferring some photos from SD card onto computer. It was a real nightmare. When I got them across I cannot open anything in File Explorer. It keeps crashing and is non responsive. Cannot right click on any program without it crashing.
    Any tips to how to solve this problem.

KeithRoach58, Apr 11, 2016
  3. AlexDragu Win User
    Windows 10, Brand new machine, Right click drop down loses "focus" and goes away

Are you holding down the button??

AlexDragu, Apr 11, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

In ShellExView:

• This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    • From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu
    • On the list, you'll see some of the entries with pink background, those are installed by the third party software
    • Hold down CTRL Key and select all of them then click on the red button on top left corner to disable.
    • Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    • Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fix your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

For the service issue, try resetting the winsock:

netsh winsock reset

This works for that issue in 8 on occasion, not sure if same for 10, but worth a shot.

RWOne, Apr 11, 2016
Thema:

1. Right Click Crash Brand New Laptop - Similar Threads - Right Click Crash

2. brand new laptop windows 10 screen shakes to the right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brand new laptop windows 10 screen shakes to the right: brand new laptop windows 10 screen shakes to the right.4 gb intel1 tb hard drive4 weeks oldalso runs slow some times and a have 150mbs over 100+ line speedany ideas or do i take it back to Argos. i am not computer minded as i am 60 y/o and only do limited things on the laptop...
  3. Right Click Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right Click Crashing: I've already tried to steps suggested on other websites and found them either unable to fix the issue clearing file explorer history and ran sfc scan or that they failed to run properly ShellExView - when clicking to refresh explorer made explorer endlessly reboot. This has...
  4. BRAND NEW laptop keeps crashing !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BRAND NEW laptop keeps crashing !: Hi!!! I just got an HP Omen 15 laptop 3 days ago. It has Windows 10 installed, and for some reason it keeps crashing. I get the blue screen that says “your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart”. I tried to update most of my drivers to see if that would fix the issue and...
  5. Brand new computer crashing.

Brand new computer crashing.: Bought a brand new gaming desktop today for $1600, haven't even had it a total of 12 hours and it crashes randomly, doesn't even blue screen, It just black screens then reboots itself in about 5 seconds, not entirely sure what to do....
  6. Brand new computer crashing

Brand new computer crashing: ALLEGIANCE CALLISTO Desktop Computer Gaming PC · Processor: E5-1620 i7-3820 @ 4.2GHz · Graphics: RX 570 4GB - VR Ready · Memory: 32GB RAM · SSD: 480GB · Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Just got this computer...
  7. Right click on "new"

Right click on "new": when I right-click on my Windows 10 desktop and get a list of options, they all work except "New" which "hangs" then crashes. I can' find a solution for this. I've been through the registry suggestions, and re-installed the O/S (Windows 10 64 bit), but to no avail. Can...
  8. Brand New laptop

Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  9. Brand new PC with Win 10 mouse right click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new PC with Win 10 mouse right click not working: I have just bought a brand new Viglen Omnio 5 all in one PC pre loaded with Windows 10. Everything works fine except that when I go into file explorer and try to right click on a file to edit/copy etc it just hangs and locks the whole screen. The mouse works perfectly on...
  10. Explorer.exe crash when right click->New

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer.exe crash when right click->New: Hi, I have a windows 10 computer which crashes when I right click and open the "new" submenu. I already tried to : - disable all non microsoft shell extension with ShellExView - try in safe mode (same issue) - run sfc /scannow and dism repair I found out that if I...