Windows 10: Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

Discus and support Right-Click delay in video games on Steam in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I feel like this is a good place to start. Just recently some of the games I've been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CharlesJRol, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I feel like this is a good place to start.

Just recently some of the games I've been playing have been having this problem with my right click. It's not on the track pad, it's on a wireless mouse I have which I don't even know is part of the problem. It's a Microsoft brand mouse too not some off brand stuff. I also don't think it's the mouse because I've had it the entire time I've used this computer since I started college, so around two years ago.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

System Name: LAPTOP-OMA1RDPF

System Manufacturer: HP

System Model: HP ENVY m7 Notebook

System Type: x64-based PC

System SKU: W2K88UA#ABA

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2904 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date: Insyde F.50, 11/2/2017

SMBIOS Version: 2.8

Embedded Controller Version: 87.21

BIOS Mode: UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer: HP

I don't know if you need more or other information than that but if you ask for it I can probably find it.

It only started happening two weeks ago, but so far it seems to just be on games and not on the actual computer. I know it's not the game's fault because it's happening on many different applications. But I'll check if it's steam that's causing the problem too.

What sucks is that it works sometimes it just then sends through the amount of clicks I try and put through, so if I click twice it sends through two clicks instantly but like 2 seconds later, though it seems impossible for me to get it to input into anyway without putting through more clicks.

Again I don't know if it's a problem with the computer or how it's running the games, I just know I want to fix it without spending a ton of money.

Thanks again, hopefully we can get this fixed.

Charles

:)

CharlesJRol, Jan 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

1. Right-Click delay in video games on Steam - Similar Threads - Right Click delay

2. Right-click in FExplorer or on desktop icon: 4+ second delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right-click in FExplorer or on desktop icon: 4+ second delay: I've tried Nir's Shell Extensions View and disabled every non MS extension there, one-by-one, and restarted WinExplorer after each selection. Nothing has changed. Right click anything in a FExpl window to create a shortcut, and the context menu takes four seconds (with a...
  3. File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer opening folders slow/right click delay?: Happened to me on almost every Windows installation I've used, despite average specs it almost feels like a curse. File Explorer keeps taking ~2 seconds not responding when I try to open any folder (regardless of contents), and sometimes a minute not responding when I right...
  4. Right click delay since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click delay since last update: Hello everyone, Since last update on all of my laptops3 I have a delay when I "right click" on mozilla or chrome from taskbar. So let me explain you exactly what happens. If I want to open a new window on Chrome or Mozilla, when I right click it opens the the browser menu...
  5. File Explorer Right Click Delay

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Right Click Delay: Windows 10 64bit Pro; Windows File Explorer This problem occurs with Pictures Screenshot *.png files and maybe others. After screenshot is taken, right click the *.png file. The blue circle busy icon appears for about 30 seconds before the context menu appears. Afterward...
  6. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging: Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update here is a gif of what i'm...
  7. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  8. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...
  9. Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow: Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and unresponsiveness, but not crashes. In the video you'll see me try to open windows, and right clicking the sound icon, which opens...
  10. Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay: Hello, recently my system has developed a weird issue. Right-clicking on the taskbar on any open applications that I have stops working quite often (the black task menu to minimize/close etc doesn't appear), meaning: after logging in it's all good, then after a while it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video game right click