Windows 10: Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

Discus and support Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidhk, Jan 4, 2019.

1. davidhk Win User

Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom.
    Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195

As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens.
    Suggestions ?
    Thank you.

:)

davidhk, Jan 4, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jan 4, 2019
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear. :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

1. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear. - Similar Threads - Right click desktop

2. Unable to create New Folder upon right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create New Folder upon right click: I cant open new folder with a right click of the mouse ***Original Title: Right click on mouse not working after update*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-create-new-folder-upon-right-click/3d177862-5bc1-4160-bfd0-d8d13fd7d2de
  3. New Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Desktop Folder: Since the last Windows update I can no longer create a new file by right clicking and selecting new. The options are there but If I try to do that my computer momentarily freezes then nothing happens. Googling this issue shows I am not alone but I have not yet found a...
  4. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  5. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder: A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-right-click-on-the-desktop-to-select-new-freezes/9af3b440-95ce-46c9-8ec2-d6cf1625a3c4
  6. Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Create new folder on desktop when right click new does not work: Desktop computer with Windows10 Pro. I already have one post going, but I need to create new folders on the desktop. When I right click on the desktop and click on new, it basically freezes up and eventually refreshes the desktop. I googled the problem and tried a couple...
  7. connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?

connect new desktop folders to existing desktop folders?: cannot connect from new desktop to existing laptop to updates files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/connect-new-desktop-folders-to-existing-desktop/845c127b-d8d4-4bfc-bc8c-0ed31bb5b090
  8. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237
  9. Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click in folder does not show New->Text Document: I upgraded two computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I just noticed today that a right click in a folder does not have anything other than New Folder under New. Windows 7 had several choices (Folder,Shortcut,Rich Text Document, Text Document, Wave Sound and more). My...
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...