Windows 10: Right click does not open menu properly

Discus and support Right click does not open menu properly in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a window server 2016. when I right click on an icon or on the desk top, the menu sometimes opens with only a couple of items, sometimes it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by seanprivate, May 16, 2019.

1. Right click does not open menu properly

I have a window server 2016. when I right click on an icon or on the desk top, the menu sometimes opens with only a couple of items, sometimes it is only a vertical line, sometimes it is a blank box. any suggestion?

thank you

:)

seanprivate, May 16, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, May 16, 2019
  4. heartog Win User

Right click does not open menu properly

"Open With" context Menu slow to load

Hi all,

so when i right click on the file and point to the "open with" menu, it should show the list of programs that the file could be opened. Every time after a restart the "open with" menu would take like 3 seconds to load, and after that first load, it would show the list right away. This not only happens when i restart my pc, but also when I haven't opened a file with the "open with" menu for like 1 or 2 hours and it will lag for like 3 seconds again for it to show the list of programs that it could be opened with.

I've already tried programs like Autoruns, ShellExView and disabling those context menu would now help either. Also, I deleted the unnecessary programs from the open with list through the registry already and it still doesn't help.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks.

heartog, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Right click does not open menu properly

1. Right click does not open menu properly - Similar Threads - Right click does

2. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  3. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu keep opening on there own: Recently My Microsft Edge started opening right click menus without right clicking It is very annoying You can be typing and when the menu pop you no longer can type/. Almost to the point of getting rid of Edge...
  4. Right click menu keep opening on there own

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  6. Right click does not bring up a menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not bring up a menu: I have searched this problem and none of the supposed fixes work for me. So far I have verified the mouse works, downloaded shellexe and disabled all non-microsoft content, ran the file checker and scannow, updated the mouse driver, and re-booted a million times. When I click...
  7. Right click does not bring up a menu

8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  9. Desktop right-click menu does not work

Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...
  10. Pressing enter opens right click menu

Pressing enter opens right click menu: For some reason, it just happened randomly, every time I press the enter key on any software I'm on, it opens up a menu that should only open when I right click. This happens on word, google chrome, discord. I'm very confused as to how to fix this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click new file does not load