Windows 10: Right Click for Photos has quit working.

Discus and support Right Click for Photos has quit working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly, when I right click a picture file (best I can tell it's any kind of picture file except RAW files) it doesn't show the Context Menu instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamjim, Sep 17, 2016.

1. iamjim Win User

Right Click for Photos has quit working.

Suddenly, when I right click a picture file (best I can tell it's any kind of picture file except RAW files) it doesn't show the Context Menu instead it just throws me to the Desktop.

I use the Properties>Details a lot.

Anybody know how to fix this?

:)

iamjim, Sep 17, 2016

2. Photo right click has stopped working.

Hi Terry,

We appreciate the additional information. For us to further isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a screenshot of the files you're trying to send.

In the meantime, let's try resetting the default apps on your computer to see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Default apps on the left pane.
    • Click the Reset button.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Sep 17, 2016
  3. TerryLipe Win User
    Photo right click has stopped working.

Recently When I right click on any .jpg, .pdf, word doc, etc my computer and try to send to "mail recipient" it just goes back to the desktop and doesnt open up in email.

P.S. I am computer illiterate and if something got reset it was an update.

TerryLipe, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

does right click work for everything else?

Archie123, Sep 17, 2016
  5. iamjim Win User
    Yes. Best I can tell it works on all other kinds of files and all folders

iamjim, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Archie123 Win User
  7. iamjim Win User
    I did it, it didn't help

iamjim, Sep 17, 2016
  8. iamjim Win User

Maybe I should explain, I didn't track down and install a new an entirely new image App. I switched from Irfanview to Firefox and back.

iamjim, Sep 18, 2016
  9. mrenz Win User
    Try Opening a File Explorer window and a task manager window. In the task manager, right click file explorer and choose restart. Hopefully this helps. *Wink

mrenz, Sep 18, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hi, let's check for a rogue shell extension.
    Please download and run Shellexview (free).
    Hide all MS extensions, disable all other. Note the 32 bit option which exposes more- disable those.
    Try right clicking on an image file. Assuming you now get a context menu, it should appear rather shorter than before.

Now start enabling extensions a few at a time - you can use a binary chop approach if you like. Each time retry. Thus identify the extension or extensions that caused you a problem. Leave problematic ones disabled.

Another approach: Have a look at your event viewer after a crash and see if there's anything helpful.

dalchina, Sep 19, 2016
  11. iamjim Win User
    I'm trying to do that but I don't see an option to Hide, only to Disable

Also, it gives an message that Disabling Microsoft extensions can cause your system not to boot

iamjim, Sep 19, 2016
  12. iamjim Win User
    I disabled all entries that were not Microsoft and it didn't help.

iamjim, Sep 19, 2016
  13. iamjim Win User

Did it, no help

iamjim, Sep 19, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Right Click for Photos has quit working. [​IMG]

- for your info.
    Ok, so it doesn't seem to be a shell extension.

Have you checked your event log (Event Viewer) as I suggested?
    (You may find the information more conveniently in your Reliability History - just type 'reliab' in Cortana's search bar e.g.)

Does the same thing happen
    - after a clean boot
    - in safe mode?

dalchina, Sep 19, 2016
  15. iamjim Win User
    No, I hadn't looked at the Event Viewer because I can never interpret it. It appears the following report is for the right click failure. Without understanding it appears to be saying Explorer has failed and I would have no idea how to fix that.

iamjim, Sep 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Right Click for Photos has quit working. - Similar Threads - Right Click Photos

2. Right Click Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Not Working: I’m running windows through boot camp, and it only seems to have problems there. When I reset into my MacOS drive the problem isn’t there, someone please advise as I’ve already factory reset my system, updated and removed my drivers, and even tried the regedit and sfc/scannow...
  3. RIght click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIght click not working: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.997 Application Timestamp: 2419a7bd Fault Module Name: StackHash_3e9e Fault Module Version:...
  4. right click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click not working: Hello.I have a severe problem using my mouse.Basicaly when I right click a lot of the times it wont respond.I have tested it everywhere-on the desktop,on icons,in the browser and it seems that the problem is occurring everywhere.What I have done so far is the following: -...
  5. Right-click has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click has stopped working: I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run...
  6. WLM has quit Working

in Browsers and Email
    WLM has quit Working: WLM has quit working - HELP! I have tried repairing but there was no change. If I reinstall will I lose all my emails and calendar information? Probably? Please help. 34063
  7. MS Photos quit working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Photos quit working right: Photos app in win 10 quit letting me sort the new photos from the camera memory card by the present date. It wants to download everything on the card including current pictures but won't put them on top of the list. (jumbles them up now). 109139
  8. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. Right click not working since then anywhere. Request help. 11777
  9. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Hi Guys, I guess we need some help here. My girlfriend bought an ASUS with a Windows 10. She copied some photos and when she wants to do a right click, the whole system collapses. The screen goes blank, then it comes back after a second and everything is as if nothing has...
  10. right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    right click not working: I installed wind 10 in aug 2 days ago my right click in my icons on the bottom wont respond it works every where else I went to windows update and it says I last updated 7/15 but I put win 10 in on aug 30th? Im not sure if windows did something as far as I know I didnt and I...