Windows 10: Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

Discus and support Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For last few days when ever I right click in File Explorer or other instead of a menu I get a Windows dialog box "Window Installer" and message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lhakel1, Jul 11, 2020.

1. lhakel1 Win User

Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

For last few days when ever I right click in File Explorer or other instead of a menu I get a Windows dialog box "Window Installer" and message "Preparing to Install" with one option "Cancel". I am not installing. Just want right click menu. Dialog box remains and computer gives a rotating circle which locks machine for several minutes. Would appreciate any help to eliminate this. Have rebooted several times. Using Windows 10. 10.0.18363 build 18363

:)

lhakel1, Jul 11, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. David Haz Win User
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working

Hello,

If the Open and Save As dialog boxes are not appearing, there might be a process or service that is conflicting with that function of Windows. We recommend that you perform a clean boot of Windows. This would aid eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    using Windows.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original issue.

Here's how to perform a clean boot environment in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type msconfig, and select
      System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then select
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click OK, and then restart your computer.

After performing a clean boot environment of Windows, see if the Open
    and Save As dialog boxes work as they should be. If it works, then you may follow the steps below on how to determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start. search for msconfig, then select
      msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service
        list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        10. If no service causes the problem, go to step 7.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 7 and 8, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the
        Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 7 and 8, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      • If no Startup Item causes the problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
        1 through 6 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
        check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box

1. Right Click gets Window Installer dialog box - Similar Threads - Right Click gets

2. What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not...: What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not restarting and sqme dialog box is appearing constantly and my laptop is not stqrting...
  3. What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not...: What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not restarting and sqme dialog box is appearing constantly and my laptop is not stqrting...
  4. What to do if I'm getting a dialog box as install windows.but i am clicking on ok it is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  6. right clicking Properties not showing dialog box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right clicking Properties not showing dialog box: for a couple months now when I right click on file or folder and select the properties no dialog box appears. I have also tried Alt+Enter and same thing...nothingI haven't encounters this in the past windows versions.Thanks...
  7. Right click is a white box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click is a white box: [ATTACH] literally blank to display anything i have to hover over them, which looks like this https://preview.redd.it/8t3rlyi83j461.png?width=231&format=png&auto=webp&s=132a883607faf6ff1eefd6f1ab3cdc444a147d3d Windows 20H2 submitted by /u/GalacticUser25 [link]...
  8. Right click box gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click box gone: When I right click a file to rename it I can only see the MacAfee symbol. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/right-click-box-gone/37ce3599-70fe-45aa-89a7-fa1b1e08eb46
  9. Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.: Maybe this is a question for the Crome Forum - so I'll post it there too. I, seeming randomly, get a pop-up dialog box which shows a filename and a place to choose where I want to download it to (you know, this is the standard download window when you want to download an app...
  10. White boxes for right click menus?

in Windows 10 Support
    White boxes for right click menus?: http://puu.sh/jjjOl/869ebbd62a.png The bottom right box is me right clicking the Speakers or Network icons. I can click in it and it still works but it's just annoying knowing that it's not working properly. Anyone else have this problem or perhaps a solution for it? 10411