Windows 10: Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen

Discus and support Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 (now in preview build but also happened in regular builds) and sometimes when I right click to copy/paste something, be it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveHargreaves, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen

Using Windows 10 (now in preview build but also happened in regular builds) and sometimes when I right click to copy/paste something, be it in explorer/Edge etc, the chosen icon I click on, stays on my screen. For example, if I right click and choose copy, and perform a copy, the actual copy text sticks on my screen and I have to put my laptop to sleep and back to get rid of it. I have tried "refreshing" my screen on the desktop, and this stuck text overlays everything, but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Have included a screenshot to illustrate.

Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen 663690e4-238e-430a-9ab5-94ca82f74554?upload=true.jpg

:)

SteveHargreaves, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 13, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen

Icon text on the right side

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore the desktop icons. To do this,

• Right click anywhere on the desktop.
    • Click on View
    • Click on any of the available options (i.e. Small Icons)

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen

1. Right click icons sometimes stick onscreen - Similar Threads - Right click icons

2. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  3. mouse clicks right on its own sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse clicks right on its own sometimes: The mouse clicks on right by itself sometimes ------- need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-clicks-right-on-its-own-sometimes/547e9f30-b865-447e-80ab-0c42e5b8ae29
  4. My right click sometimes left clicks.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My right click sometimes left clicks.: On occasions my right click will left click. It wont do that on another mouse. The driver is updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-right-click-sometimes-left-clicks/f541c2ed-8ac1-47e4-8d60-6b4f9a24ae1b
  5. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...: Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying....
  6. Right Clicking This PC icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking This PC icon: So I just upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Now when I right click on This PC icon it goes to About. Why the hell did Microsoft do this? Every since Windows 95 25 years it has always went to system. Now Microsoft has to change it? Why did they change it? Is my Imagination or is it...
  7. Desktop icons and right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  9. Left click also right clicks sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click also right clicks sometimes: If I hold left click, then sometimes, it right clicks as well. I'm only touching the left mouse button, and yes, my primary buttons aren't switched. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling most of my mouse drivers and restarting my PC. Please send help....
  10. Right click on icon, then black

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on icon, then black: Please can You help me with this problem, it happens on some files, and I cant do anything (bouht laptop 2 weeks ago) Here is YT link with recorded problem : Win 10 right click problem - YouTube Thanks in advance! 67097